Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with nutrition and weight graphs after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the latest app update, most of the charts have become unusable. On the weight chart, I can no longer distinguish between the weight and the trend (because they are the same color). Also, I can no longer tap on the screen and get the date for that data point. Also, the x axis on the charts is now fixed to the range of the chart, not the range of the data. Also I can no longer swipe to move from one chart to the next. Also, many chart have been removed. 

Who thought that this update was a good idea? Did they do any user testing on this update? 

Please rollback this update so I can get the old charting behavior back.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209

I use this chart almost everyday, and saw this terrible chart today. I also want the old one back. Hope with enough of us we can get Fitbit to convert back.

Best Answer

Same here. In fact I've looked at charts from two other people and they all look like this now. Clearly broken. 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220723-134017.jpg

Best Answer

Wish I had screen shots of the old charts to illustrate how great they were. The pic i posted shows how poor these are to view. You could turn phone landscape mode and adjust the lines with 2 fingers. These new charts are inferior. They are what one would think came first and then upgraded to what was there before. The "update" is backwards. There must be a way to revert back to old charting.

Best Answer

I've just cancelled premium subscription, had enough of paying money to this company when they can't get the basic right - and then tell us we're wrong when it doesn't work. Not likely to resubscribe even if these problems are fixed. Extremely disappointed. 

Best Answer

The charts are awful. What happened to calories remaining? I used that all the time. The charts are hard to read and not expandable. I wish they'd switch back to the old ones.

Best Answer

Lizzy, you asked for an example chart. Look at the ridiculous y axis on this! It should run from 75 to 78 not 67 to 85, plus there is way too much whitespace at the top. And I should be able to smoothly scroll left/right. And the colours are too similar. And the lines and markers are too thick. And it should be a rolling 12 months not starting on 1 Jan. Most of this is stuff you learn in high school and definitely by the time you're doing stats at university. Who exactly did you hire for this job?

Screenshot_20220724-074312.jpg

Best Answer

New premium app updates: no no no and no!

I've been scrolling through week/month/year views for years.

Now scrolling view has been completely removed, and I can't even see a complete week of data on ANY day that isn't Saturday? TF is this BS?

My body doesn't have a clue what July or January means. When I want to look at 1 week, 30 days, or 1 year of data -- THAT'S what I want, NOT the calendar week, NOT the calendar month, and NOT the calendar year.

How can I compare Sunday's data to the previous 6 days AT A GLANCE, no swapping between this week and last week required?

When I want to see 30 days of data in the middle of a month -- I shouldn't have to switch the month back and forth. For YEARS, I've been able to see 7 days, or 30 days, or 1 year at a glance. YEARS. The new way is illogical, when compared to the old.

Way TF too much change at one time, so I'm thinking you're about to get dogpiled by more neurodivergent people than you ever guessed exist.

Plus all that white screen is HORRIBLE for migraineurs like me. 15% of the world experiences migraines. You're a health metrics company. How do you not know that?

We need options.

Like using the old color scheme and totally [normal for every previous version] scrolling view.

TL;DR= you changed way too much all at one time. It's hurts my brain, and my eyes too.

Best Answer

Completely agree with you on all counts! 

It's like they think, 'hmmm we haven't changed anything in a while, people will get bored, I know, let's change everything! Ooh yeah and let's make it worse!' ... 

Are you using an android app or apple? 

Best Answer

I can't see how to attach screenshots but thankfully others have. As an analyst of 25 years, I have tons of experience displaying data aesthetically and meaningfully. This breaks rules that shouldn't be broken. Issues:

1. The trend line is impossible to discern visually from the datapoint line which used to be white and thin compared to the trend line... making them visually separate.  Now datapoint line and trend are same width and very near the same color... against a white background so the eye cannot see them separately. 

2. We can no longer view the last 7 days or last 30 days... only by this week or month. So mid-month, one can only see the last 15 days. And on the first day of the week or month you have no data at all. Why would anyone create a trend graph that starts with today where by design would include no historical data!?

3. Eyes don't like white backgrounds. Period. 

Get someone involved who knows how to display data correctly and aesthetically. Or, just put the graphs back as they were. If the goal was to improve the graphs, fitbit missed the mark and took a step backwards by about 20 years.

Best Answer

PLEASE give back our old charts/graphs! 

The new interface is WAY TOO SMALL and scrunched up on an already small screen, lacks color changes that indicate various tracking levels, excludes previous days/weeks from the display, and omits crucial information.

Whoever thought this is a good idea is WRONG!  Please do not make these changes for the sake of making changes.  After being a loyal Fitbit user for several years, I will now be forced to shop around because of this update.

Best Answer

Exactly! Couldn't have said it better!!

Best Answer

Apparently we need to go to the Fitbit suggestions, type this and then everyone gathers to vote on it to hopefully get the devs attention 

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more; there is a serious loss of previous graphical functionality now, even though new features were also added. New features are good, as long as you don't lose the old ones, and you can choose whether or not to use the new features. But if you lose some and have no choice or options to recover them, that's bad...

And the interface is now highly inconsistent, with some working the old way and some the new way - this has to be much more difficult for new users to learn how to use the functions. For me, the loss of the ability to narrow down exactly what happened at exactly what time is the biggest problem. Some graphs now are non-interactive, some no longer have time legends in  them, some become interactive only in obscure ways, some of them have blurry lines that look almost as if they were drawn by a child with a crayon. Clearly this latest update did not have a proper design pier review, nor was it properly QA'd. Very disappointing!

Best Answer

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!

my weight chart doesn't need a 60-lb range. The trend line is gone or useless, I can't even tell. Can't get a larger view. 

I don't track my body fat percentage and I don't care about BMI. The old weight tracker was so much better. Wtf did you do, Fitbit? It wasn't broke; you fixed nothing!

Best Answer

Today they changed the format of the graphs. I don't know why. The graphs are smaller. The font is so small. I'm 54. Why can't they make it bigger, they way it was yesterday? The distance graph has numbers that are like a millimetre/fraction of an inch big. Yesterday, the distance graph had green bars for intense exercise, yellow for medium and turquoise for slow exercise. It was motivating to see the colours, to see how fast or slow I went. Now they're all the same. And it's so small. Why do they change things out of the blue to something usually smaller and less useful? Why can't they give an option to keep the old format? They just force it on people with no choice. I just talked to a Fitbit staff. They said you have to accept the new updates on the app. There's no choice. If we're customers, it would be nice to think we have a choice. What they think is an improvement isn't necessarily what I think is an improvement. Oh well. Why the graphs have to get smaller, I don't know. 

Best Answer

100% I really dislike it too for all the same reasons. And what's even more frustrating is that they STILL haven't fixed the micronutrients calculations and period logging. 

Don't fix what isn't broken, and FIX what actually IS broken, please!

Best Answer

@Kiwistar couldn't put it any better - the charts did NOT need to be changed (unusable now) and the basics like food logging (still ongoing) need to be fixed, but they aren't. The app is a farce. 

Best Answer

Maybe a moderator could kindly copy this thread over to suggestions? Otherwise we'll all be told "no one reported the issue" cos they were posted in the wrong area 🙄 that would not surprise me. 

Best Answer

I agree with everyone on these, on all the topics/boards I looked at on these. They look terrible, harder to read, the info is just not there like before, and yes not to mention the stuff that needed work and why are we still not able to put measurements in this app? Weight is really the least important way to measure your progress in my opinion. Also, my week starts on Monday and most of the charts start on Sunday throwing off my weekly stats I need to have. So more wasted time trying to figure out what was just there before. Please get this reversed or fixed or an option to switch back at least.

Best Answer