Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language detection issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please fix language detection. Language detection does not need to be based on locale, it can just as easily be based on device language, or manually set. Per this link the current solution is to work around the code in a way that is unintuitive and unnecessarily complicated. My community, guidance, challenges, and notifications should not all be in Japanese just because I live in Japan. Currently I have to put my locale as USA just to get English in my app. 

Just push an update through and let users select their language manually, and let that override locale and any other language settings that might interfere.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @C_I, good to see you here in the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response and I appreciate your feedback. However the app is able to detect the language based on your phone language configuration. Location settings will not affect this options though.

Unless a language is not supported by the Fitbit app, the content will automatically be in english by default. Also the option to display some content in english is not possible at the moment, for the same reason the languages is based directly from your phone configuration.

If this is something in which you're interested, I would like to invite you to share your feedback in our Feature Suggestion Board, feel free to contribute with your comments, since it would be nice to have your idea for this option so other users can support and maybe implement this configuration in the future.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes