Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Fitbit App update not sending notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Up until the latest App for Android was released (update happened on 06/14/18), my fitbit Versa is no longer receiving any type of notification from my phone. I tried to uninstall the app first and reinstall to see if that would fix it and then tried to do the log out/clear cache/force stop/reboot phone that others have tried, to no avail.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S3 v4.4.2, and my versa is about 2 weeks old and does have the newest firmware version as well

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Brew74, good to have you around in the Fitbit Community! I was reading after the latest update you are not receiving notifications. You did good in performing a restart on the cache of the app.

If the issue continue, make sure the notification settings has not being reseted. in some scenarios the app may reset the notifications to the default form, so is require to re-enable the apps you have previously selected selected.

For more details, please refer to this help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all those steps and for some reason still nothing since the Fitbit app (Android) update. The "test notification" doesn't even work from the phone, but I know they are connected since my Versa does sync with the phone app

Best Answer

Same problem here with HR.  Can't compete synch since both Android and Fitbit update.   Thing is junk now.  Was going to upgrade for better sleep teaching but not sure i dare now

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my Blaze. I've cleared the cache, shutdown and restarted the Fitbit, restarted my phone (Huawei Mate 10 Pro with Android 8), disabled and re-enabled the notifications permissions, toggled the Bluetooth on and off and toggled Airplane Mode on and off to no avail. This is my second Fitbit and my last. There are better options out there that are less expensive, have fewer issues and better customer support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Brew74 and @Tony2point0. I was reading you already tried the suggestion from the help article and the issue still continue with the notifications.

@Brew74 I would recommend to re-enable your notifications from the beginning if the issue continue. 

1. unpair your tracker in your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. If you are unsure how to verify or change settings for your mobile device, refer to instructions provided by your device manufacturer. For most Android mobile devices, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find your tracker in the list of paired devices, and then tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your tracker.
  2. Reboot your mobile device.
  3. In the Fitbit app, tap Allow notifications access and allow access to the Fitbit Notification Service, and then turn on call, text, or calendar notifications.

@Tony2point0 thank you for the feedback and for trying the steps to address this issue. In this case I saw this phone still hasn't been confirmed as compatible. This doesn't mean it won't work but certain features may not perform as is expected. For more details please review this article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

@Brew74 in this case you are having a syncing issue, which is different from the topic of this thread. I saw after the update of the Fitbit app you are not able to sync. I would recommend for you these suggestions: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? Also try to clear the cache of the app if this start happening after the update.

log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version)

Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Take care and  catch you all later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes