Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to respond to friends and feedback for Android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use the Fitbit app on my Samsung Galaxy 8+. Until the last few weeks, and especially the last 2 qeeks, it was working fine. Now I regularly get error messages like "restart your phone because Fitbit cannot send notifications to your server", and I often receive messages from fellow Fitbit members but when I try to respond, I can't. Today I've had to restart my phone 3 or 4 times and log out and log back in twice. It's very annoying and causes delays in step count syncing. I also had issues with the app shutting down when I'm browsing my friends' profiles. Last but not least I am noticing a lot more people joining fitbit and trying to use the app as a dating site. Is this anyone else's experience? Help, please! 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @RoselynSavinon, thank you for your feedback regarding the Fitbit app and the recent issues you have expirincing in the Android app.

Make sure your app is updated to the most recent version for Android. The error you are mentioning was addressed in the new version and was already resolved. For more details please refer to this post.

Perhaps this new version will help you to address the issue that you are not able to respond to your friends.

If the issue persists and you have the new version, reset the cache of your app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version). Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Now, about some members are using the Fitbit app for dating purposes, note that we have in place different social interaction features inside the Fitbit app and while we encourage competing with friends and family as great way to stay motivated, we cannot control the private interaction among users.

If in some way you have been in an scenario of this kind, you have options to not allow this type of interactions. For more details refer to this help article: How do I manage my Fitbit profile?

See you later and once again, thank you for your comments.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much. I had previously uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app, but did it again after reading your reply and it seems to have worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

By the way, I am already  familiar with the Fitbit privacy and profile settings, and have customized my profile. While the privacy setting helps to a certain degree, it cannot prevent scammers from trying to friend me because they are hard to detect. What I now do is check the person's personal information as many of them create their profile the same day or just a few days prior and have a military photo of a male but list themselves as female. 

Best Answer
0 Votes