Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I downloaded a Verizon update this morning and now my fitbit won't sync unless the location is on. Until now, it would always sync with the Bluetooth on only. I don't typically have the location on unless I am using the GPS. It drains the battery. Is there any way to change this back to syncing with the Bluetooth only?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @ConnieConehead

Sorry, there is no way to change it.

See what moderator @ErickFitbit had to say about this - click

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the forums @ConnieConehead

Sorry, there is no way to change it.

See what moderator @ErickFitbit had to say about this - click

Best Answer
Thank u. Not happy. Makes no sense that they need location for any reason. No telling what info these companies are collecting on us. Bye Fitbit. Was fun while it lasted.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ConnieConehead Sorry to see you go! Unfortunately, this was a change made by your phone OS provider Google. I recommend checking out my post to learn more about this change here.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

"Sorry to see you go!" Really?

Seems a little flippant, almost dismissive, when your customer base is requesting action on your part. 

You may want to re-examine your overall philosphy regarding customer service, and actually provide that service rather than an insolent response.

It's amazing how quickly customers can become former customers once they find something else that better suits their needs.

Best Answer

Hello and welcome to the forums @acscs

When someone doesn't want to stay here, what else can be said? "Sorry to see you go" is about all anyone could say because it's not as though a person could be forced to remain here.

Was there something the community on these forums can help you with? We are here to help others and to share our thoughts.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try working with Google on a firmware solution.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@acscs Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Could you please clarify or provide more details regarding the issue you were experiencing? I'll be glad to help you out! 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer