Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging an exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning. After walking on the treadmill for 45 min, the treadmill says I walked 2.38 miles and burned 163 calories. My Fitbit app says I walked 1.44 miles and burned 260 calories.  Why is it differing? Can I edit this exercise on the app?

Thanks,

Mindy

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

As for distance difference, for treadmill Fitbit multiplies number of steps times stride length.  If you are holding onto rail with fitbit hand, steps will not be seen; they are detected by the normal swinging of the arm as in normal walking.  Perhaps you were holding rail part of the time, reducing your step count, and therefore distance.

As for calories, if you were using a Fitbit device with heart rate sensor, heart rate is the main factor in calories burned, along with your physical factors, primarily weight. If you getting good heart rate readings, I would put more faith in the Fitbit reading because it has access to more info about you and your heart rate.  The calories the treadmill says look low to me but can't tell for sure.  And it depends partly on what info the treadmill has about you, if you input your weight, etc.

You can edit workouts, though.  See

How do I edit or delete an exercise or activity?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer