Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging mileage while using an exercise bike

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently broke my leg resulting in a tibial fixation with nail.  My physio has suggested an exercise bike is the best way for me to get normal movement.  I have joined a "race at your own pace" to motivate me and I need to log the mileage "travelled" on the exercise bike....using the "spinning" or "bike" exercise option doesn't seem to give me a mileage.  The Race at your own Pace requires proof of mileage before you "win" your medal for your achievement.  Can anyone help me out? I'm really wanting to do this and get my cyborg leg back up to scratch again 🙂 TIA xFx

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Pixelfi,

Let's see if we can get the fitbit tracking your (cybernetic) activity.

First, because spinning isn't step-based, distance isn't automatically tracked, which is why you're not seeing any distance.

So what can you do? Log the activity manually (I would choose the web dashboard option). On the web dashboard, there are two entries for spinning. Choose the one that let's you enter distance.

This method may not be "proof of mileage", since you're manually feeding it the distance.

A few have reported success by wearing the tracker around their ankle, so it registers the motion as steps. This would give a distance automatically. It's not a Fitbit-approved solution (most trackers are meant to be worn on the wrist). But it may be an option for covering the proof requirement. Just a thought.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes