Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Steps, inaccurate millage with MobileTrack

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a problem, Im using the App with a Nexus 5X (Checking it out before I buy a fitbit)

Yesterday I walked 3000 steps in the morning, it synced - did 11000 in the afternoon, clearly showed that on the app, but not on the web, then it was gone, the app said 3000.

This morning 2.5 miles on the beach, I watched the app recording steps, then on returning to the car the app said 600 steps, which I had done earlier?

This afternoon - 3.5 miles along the river app said 4000 steps at half way, on finishing the remainder of the walk was  logged, but within a minute of getting home it was gone. it also claimed the millage was 2.4 miles - way way off.

Anyone else have this issue? (I have latest app, I have logged out, uninstalled and reinstalled app)

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Scruffy101, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community. I was looking into your Community profile and you have your Android paired as a device, so you are using in this case the MobileTrack feature.

Since you have tried some troubleshooting steps, I would recommend to clear the cache of the app. For more details please review this post. It might be of your help to correct this issue since Mobiletrack use your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned.

You can try to enable again this feature on your Fitbit app. Log into the app and tap or click the Account icon in the right upper corner and log into the app. Tap or click the Account icon. Choose the option for setting up a new device and follow the MobileTrack instructions.

Hope this helps. Let me know if the issue persists.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Hi thank you - i have reinstalled the app - cleared the cache resigned in -
this morning i did 77 steps at home this registered - then walked 3000
steps - i connected to a WiFi spot and the app resetted to 77 steps
Best Answer

I've been using Mobile Track on my Nexus 6p for 1.5 years...  It's had its issues over the years but after this last update something is really wrong with this Fitbit app.

I've cleared the data and cache 3-4 times before I reintalled from the app store twice, clearing data and cache then as well and nothing is fixing this bug.  

Basically, I open the app in the morning to get it started because randomly it won't start counting steps... been that way from the beginning.  Then once I see it start counting I'm good to go.  Through out the day I watch the widget on my home screen... it Seems to be counting properly, but when I go into the app, it doesn't auto sync much anymore so I pull down to force it and it RESETS MY STEPS TO ZERO.  Grrrr.. so I start walking again and it starts counting again...  Whether it's an hour later or 6 hours later it keeps counting but eventually resets them again.  If I have steps counted when I go to bed, they won't be there when I wake up in the morning and start the app.

This is super frustrating.  I was using Mobile Track, and like the OP because I wanted to see if it was worth it to drop $150 on a Fitbit band like the Charge HR 2... Well as you can see I'm still using Mobile Track 1.5 years later because it's nothing but constant issues with this app.

If possible one of the mods should be forwarding this issue to the dev team.  I know Mobile Track isn't your money maker, but for those of us who are waiting to buy a band, it's a little concerning that your forums blow up with issues from just about every band category when a new update rolls out...  Q&A people...  Q&A...

Best Answer