Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mate 20 pro only getting notifications when fitbit app is open

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a new fitbit charge 3. I have a Huawei mate 20 pro running android pie. I only seem to get notifications on the fitbit when the app is open... Have checked the app is allowed to run in the background but every time I close it I get the "notification service not running... Phone restart. .." please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you so much for this! I was having the same problem, and struggling to work out how to fix it on my new mate 20 pro. Your advice seems to have sorted it.

For anyone who doesn't know how to amend power management settings ( I did an internet trawl to find out), go to settings, apps, Fitbit,  power usage. Disable power consumption alert, select app launch, disable "manage automatically"  and enable all 3 manual options (not sure you actually need all 3 but selecting these made notifications work on my wrist!)  

Ensure the notifications are set up in the app itself as per the Fitbit instructions. This is just the extra Huawei bits! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Fitbit charge 3 with huawei mate 20 pro running android pie. I only seem to get notifications on the fitbit when the app is open... Have checked the app is allowed to run in the background but every time I close it I get the "notification service not running... Phone restart. .." please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Karhazan

Your posts were merged and moved into the Android forum area to get you better responses.

Do you have the latest version of the app?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I do. I found someone suggesting to disable automatic power
management... Will let you know if that fixes it ;o)

Karen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! just to let you know by changing the power management settings Charge 3 is now delivering all notifications properly and timely. Very happy with the product so far!

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this! I was having the same problem, and struggling to work out how to fix it on my new mate 20 pro. Your advice seems to have sorted it.

For anyone who doesn't know how to amend power management settings ( I did an internet trawl to find out), go to settings, apps, Fitbit,  power usage. Disable power consumption alert, select app launch, disable "manage automatically"  and enable all 3 manual options (not sure you actually need all 3 but selecting these made notifications work on my wrist!)  

Ensure the notifications are set up in the app itself as per the Fitbit instructions. This is just the extra Huawei bits! 

Best Answer

Unfortunately the power management change didn't work for me. My Fitbit is syncing however I cannot get any notifications from my phone (neither phone calls nor messages show on my Fitbit) Please advise!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes