Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Notifications Stopped After Pixel 2 Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Pixel updated it's software a few days ago and since then I've noticed that I don't get notifications for text messages to my Fitbit anymore. I still get notifications for everything else - Facebook, messenger, Snapchat... even when someone calls. But not text messages.

have tried every troubleshoot I could find - turned Bluetooth on and off, used forget the device and re synced, checked notifications in the Fitbit app and the phone and everything seems to be turned on. And in the app the main messages app is set to my text message app, not Facebook messenger yet those notifications for through. 

Anyone else having this problem? Or a solution? One of the main reasons I got the Fitbit was so I could read messages and easy reply while at work... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

edit : oops sorry - thought I was in the iOS app page - post removed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
I also have a Pixel 2 but am still running Android 9. I am holding off on updating to 10 because I have been having issues with text notifications on my Fitbit Blaze since July. I tried all of the troubleshooting and spent considerable time with Fitbit Support to no avail. The Fitbit app has bugs they can't seem to work out. I stopped updating the app in August when I found a workaround for the issue. For some reason the Android messages app will sync texts to the watch whereas the regular Messages app I was using wouldn't. For now I rely on this and put up with the difficult format of the Android app for now. You might play around with different messaging apps to see if that works for you. Sadly I don't have much confidence that Fitbit will get this working for Android 10 any time soon considering the many months that have gone by with the issues to Android 9. 
Best Answer
0 Votes