Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

By any chance do you have an Android phone? This sounds like an app problem and not the tracker. 

Best Answer

Absolutely right. This is independent of tracker. Purely app and yes I have Android.

Yesterday I deleted app and reinstalled fresh.... Still doesn't work.

Android app issue that needs fixing. For me this started failing in the last week/10 days

UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. The app seems to be tracking throughout the run and the map is there when I stop my run, however as soon as I press the 'finish' button on the app I get an error message saying "Unfortunately Fitbit has crashed unexpectedly". Some of the data is still saved but it's not accurate so I then have to enter everything manually from what I can remember from the run i.e distance and time.

I have reinstalled the app and restarted my phone as well as connecting Fitbit to a PC to update if needed but still the same problem today (this has been happening since last Wednesday), all other exercises tracking fine when not using GPS?!

Help!!!

Best Answer

This has nothing to do wth your tracker. You can leave your tracker at home. This is your phone, your app.

I get that error message too as the app crashes.

App needs fixing.

Don't bother messing about with your tracker.

For me this is an Android app issue 

Best Answer

Thanks, I thought it might be an app issue rather than Fitbit itself although I always wear my Fitbit when running as it records my heart rate as well. Perhaps it's easiest just to use another app such as mapmyrun from now on if there is no solution? Seems a shame and such a waste of money 😞

Best Answer

I am nexus 6, android 7.

Forget the tracker, that's confusing this issue. Leave your tracker at home and you will see.... This is an app issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't say that 😞

Fitbit should get on here now and acknowledge the app problem. We've paid for a product that used to work, now all of a sudden doesn't.

Fitbit just tell us you're looking into this then we can be happy 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. The app seems to be tracking throughout the run and the map is there when I stop my run, however as soon as I press the 'finish' button on the app I get an error message saying "Unfortunately Fitbit has crashed unexpectedly". Some of the data is still saved but it's not accurate so I then have to enter everything manually from what I can remember from the run i.e distance and time.

I have reinstalled the app and restarted my phone as well as connecting Fitbit to a PC to update if needed but still the same problem today (this has been happening since last Wednesday), all other exercises tracking fine when not using GPS?! Using a Samsung J5 but as I say, only had problem for the last week.

Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

After doing some digging around, I could find that this is an issue that our team is already aware of. It seems like the Mobile Run tracked runs are not saving up correctly, or being changed. We do not yet have any updates on the matter however we will be sure to let everyone know.

In the meantime, I'd recommend that you do not use the Mobile Run feature and only get information directly from your Fitbit.

Thanks for your understanding and your patience on the situation.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Ok. Thanks for coming online and responding. Hopefully you'll get this fixed soon as i think so many of us like to use this feature every day

Best Answer

I've noticed that after walking using my cellphone GPS and fitbit app to track distance, the moment my fitbit 2 syncs with my phone, the map/distance/time I have spent walking is lost and replaced with an auto tracked version of steps in several blocks of time.  Do I have some setting that I don't have right or is this a software issue?  I can monitor distance periodically from the fitbit app, so I know the approximate distance and time, and when I view the data at the time I hit finish, the appropriate data and map are there, but when I exit and come back to it, its gone.  It isn't saving the data.  On occasion my app shows "walked" and a block of time, but no distance data (as if it has auto tracked an exercise) in the place of a previously logged GPS tracked exercise.  What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

Hi, I just tested my GPS tracking again this morning on a short walk from my car to work office and all the data (maps, pace, distance) recorded without crashing! I played around a bit with the settings in my app last night, the only thing I changed was the location settings. I went to 'Account - Advanced Settings - Automatic Location' (switched on). Not sure if this has done anything or whether I just got lucky with the app this morning?!

Best Answer
Just tried what you suggested re automatic location.
Didn't work. Map was there when I clicked Finish but when i hit back arrow map was gone!
Didn't crash but also sadly didn't work 😞

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

Hi, @walker99, if you are using the Android app I think you are experiencing a bug that some other Android users have noticed. It seems Fitbit is aware of the issue.

I am moving your post to the main Android thread where you should be able to get updates.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Here the same.

It works great, but the last 2 runs i can see the map on the end of the run. But later at home i can't find the map. I can see the time etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad this bug isn't affecting just me. I lost three logs from recent runs, though strangely enough my most recent attempt succeeded.

Best Answer

You are not alone.

And oddly occasionally it works. My last one yesterday did. But recently more have failed than have succeeded. At least Fitbit have accepted there is an issue

Best Answer

It is an app issue, I have my Fitbit HR for 2 years, and have been tracking my runs with the GPS of the phone. Since the latest update of the app on the 9th March 2017, I just lose all the tracks. I can see the map, I can see all the details when I finish, but later on when I check the app again, it seems like all the gps info is gone. I would suggest to wait for a new update, or to downgrade to an older version.

Best Answer

I just found a new version, just installed it, see what happens. 

Fitbit 2.44.1 APK File

Publish Date: 2017 /3/12
Requires Android: Android 4.3+ (Jelly Bean, API: 18)
File Size: 32.5 MB
Tested on: Android 7.1 (Nougat, API: 25)
File Sha1: 7c30c677f4d1cde5106e6897e8fe735fb2584cee
APK Signature: 29a4514c3b90b90cb6badc79614262195c6a5747

It is still not in Google Play, so please be aware of taking your own risk. 

Moderator Edit: Word Choice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @oksetI just updated to 2.45.2through the play store, not sure how new 2.43 is. 

Best Answer