Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

Cool @Rich_Laue. In England is still not available, but I am glad they are updating quickly. It is clear that the 2.44 was causing this problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great. Test it thoroughly! As already stated we can't get update in the UK yet

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

Like I mentioned above, this is an issue that our team is aware of. It is affecting Android users using the MobileRun feature on their mobile devices. For the time being I would strongly encourage you to stop using this feature and only track information through the Fitbit itself.

Thanks for your understanding! Once we have any updates, we will let everyone know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Thanks, look forward to update in the UK 🙂

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please advise.  HOW will you let us know..  some of these threads are lengthy  seems as if fitbit admin do not monitor continuously until resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good point.
I guess we just have to wait to be notified of app update in the usual manner?

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't hold your breath..   You bought the fitbit so your on your own.  Its easy for them to keep blaming the app..  I had a windows phone , the app is listed as compatible still , but has finally been recognised as NOT so.  they stated that development and support for this app is unlikely due to limited numbers of Windows phone users, ((see my previous posts and related replies)) BUT ANDROID !!!!!!! is it so little used ??  .. the fitbit tracker is a good bit of kit but without a functioning app is a fancy bracelet..   come on fitbit , support your product  stop blaming the applications,  do your jobs, get it sorted. before you lose out to garmin and others......

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it doesn't get fixed I'll be back to the shop.....
They've acknowledged issue so hopefully.... fingers crossed.....

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

have just checked the fitbit app..   was upgraded 9th march to 4:1 .  the track run/walk issue started for me 12th march.   ergo app issue . solution   ?

Best Answer
My first fault was 9th march, UK,
Maybe they could just roll us back to version prior to upgrade to get us going whilst they figure it out? Hello Fitbit how about that?

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

Over the last week it happened a few times that at the end of a hike or run, when I stop the exercise, the map with my route is there, but when I close the app and open it again, the exercise is still recorded, but the map (including distance and splits)  has disappeared. The first time I thought I made a mistake or deleted it without realising, but it keeps happening. 

I have used this function for a couple of months without problems, this is happening only during the last week. 

What is wrong and what can I do? 

Best Answer

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem over the last week. Never had a problem before. i messaged fitbit support and waiting for an answer. 

Best Answer

"when I stop the exercise, the map with my route is there, but when I close the app and open it again, the exercise is still recorded, but the map (including distance and splits)  has disappeared."

Had this happen to me last one on a run I started tracking from the app. Showed the map at the end of the run to my partner, then when I went back in later - no map!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband suggested that probably this info (the maps)  is not stored on the actual phone but probably on the fitbit "cloud" and that they are probably experiencing a problem or bug in which case it makes sense that the map is there at the end of the exercise, and then dialers later, when the app is getting to look for it but it is not able to find it. If this is the case, hopefully they will fixed it soon because it's quite annoying having to rely on a different app to keep track of my exercise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone IT recommended the "auto track" walking function be turned off to solve the problem. 

It doesn't 😞  I just had another GPS tracked walk vanish.  It seems that since the last update, the GPS track function (android phone app version, not wrist GPS tracked) is wildly unstable and not able to remember tracked exercise.  Don't get me wrong, it accurately tracks distance and time while running, it just cant save that data to your fitness files.  I really hope Fitbit can fix the app bugs soon, or the wrist band will get replace by someone that knows what they're doing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aldrich I'm not sure who the "you" is referring to. I suggest keeping an eye on this thread and the top post, generally a moderator will update this., and since your subscribed you'll get an email notification. 

Best Answer

Actually @Lindapag none of your Fitbit data is stored on the phone, this is why you need an Internet connection to be able to sync. 

Currently this is a known issue in the Android app, and is unrelated to the tracker. See this post 

Best Answer

Since this is a known issue with the android app, and hopefully, will be corrected soon, will the lost information (map and pace) be restored?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good question 🙂

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

As I am relatively new to Fitbit, I was glad to see your message...I, too, am suffering from "lost map data". Believe me, at 60 years old, and out of shape, a 5 mile walk is very important to me...LOL...I first noticed this issue on 3/16 when the update for my walk took HOURS to sync. But all the information did finally appear. On 3/19 I still have no map or pace data for a 3/18 walk--only time, avg BPM and cals, though the map information WAS there yesterday. The sync never completed all day yesterday, and when it did finally update the map information was gone. I've also noticed the icon for exercise has changed...now shows a runner... for this category it'a always been a runner inside an octagon...Fitbit sync, makes you go "Hmmmmmm????"

Best Answer
0 Votes