Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876
Thanks. Fitbit emailed me back telling me to update my tracker and sync it
with the app again.
I don't think this will solve anything as it seems clear that the problem
is with the app and not with the tracker.
So far I "lost" 3 maps over the last week.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lindapagif the problem was discovered and a fix was found, then updating would fix it. Keep us in the loop

@SunsetRunneryou haven't said what tracker you have, most of the newer trackers have the ability to record the map using the GPS in the phone. This would be a workaround to using the app. See this help doc at http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1785/?

Best Answer

I lost another map today.  Did two different walks. Took SCREENSHOTS of my maps to PROVE they existed.  When I go to look now, the app, windows 10 app and the web all only show ONE of my two maps.  The other one has vanished.  I hope they fix this soon.  This is a major bug in the application.  FWIW, I have a Flex 2 and use the FitBit app on Android 7.0 for my tracking/mapping.  It seems to work fine, it just doesn't SAVE the map.  I've now lost 7 maps of my walks/runs.  Very disappointing and puts a damper on the "incentive" a FitBit is meant to create.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Rich; who said that the fix was found and where can i find this information?

what will updating the tracker firmware will do to the malfunctioning app? i should be able to leave my tracker at home and go running with my phone and the app should work and still record my route. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was blessed with a Fitbit Charge 2 for my birthday in January..LOL...It has since become my best friend...I have mapped previous walks without incident..as I did today...but, alas...the map information from the 5 mile trek I did yesterday appears to be lost. Other information, steps, calories, minutes, BPM, have all updated on the dashboard...but "miles" is still on 3.16...although it DID show the path for 5.8 miles when I finished. It may be silly, but that map image is a big part of my inspiration!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree it's random. Yesterday it saved mine, today it didn't.
Really annoying me a big lot now!
People: please stop taking about trackers. This is an android app issue and looks to go back to last update. Others on here have been specific on the date circa 9th March.
Focus on getting fitbit to roll back android update to pre 9th or issue a proper fix.
Surely not beyond the wit of man to do one of those things?
We are a significant body on the verge of doing fitbit damage here if they don't do the decent thing.
Our patience and good will will run out.
This will get out there.... Who wants a tracker that doesn't.....Track!

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer

Hopefully they will fix this bug soon.  We ALL get inspiration from seeing our maps of our runs/walks. 

I take a screenshot of all my maps now, because about 25% of them fail to save.

But screenshots can't be uploaded to Fitbit and they still don't allow for any importing, so once the maps are gone, we've lost that forever.  😞

Fitbit must be frantic to fix this ASAP.  Hang in there!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Careful..... Wait for official fix .... be it app or firmware

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope they are frantic.
I hope they are appreciating how much these little maps mean to us.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

To Granny01.      Remember the fit bit is only a device, in my opinion its sole purpose is to help you to focus on your daily health needs.  full credit to you for having the willpower to exercise in the first place.   keep it up and be patient with the fitbit app...   if you use the tracker  it will auto recognise your walk.  if your phone is in range with GPS on, it will record your walk route and stats...  albeit based on steps and a little less accurate,   (1 mile in 10 approx') Do not use the  """"track my walk/run""""    from within the app.  this is where the problem lies.  I am 67 years young, have lost 16 pounds since dec 2016, walk 5 mile a day, run 2.   and 15-20 mile hikes on weekends so you keep it up and you will get there..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lindapag no one said a fix was found, I was responding to what the Fitbit told you to do. 

@SunsetRunner since you have a Charge-2 and carry the phone with you, why not use the connected GPS to record your map. Follow the link I posted for you in my last post. @LanuzaFitbit suggested doing this above

If walk is not on the tracker, then use the app to add walk to the Multisport list. Http://help.fitbit.com/?q=multisport 

You will then not only get your map, but you walks data will be displayed on your wrist while doing the exercise. 

Best Answer
I think the point is.... Your phone isn't tracking. That's the issue.
Nothing at all to do with tracker.
It's the phone app

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

i have seen that few people said NOT to use the function "track my
walk/run".
if i let my tracker auto recognize the run, i still won't get it mapped.
so what is the other option then?

Moderator Edit: Word Choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

The phone app IS tracking.  The map IS created.  When you're done, it shows the entire completed route and everything is good....then....that's the last you see of it.  After everything worked perfectly, it doesn't save the map.  The map can never been seen again and instead just your steps and calorie burn are recorded, as if a map never happened.

Best Answer

@Lindapagwhat Fitbit tracker do you have? 

The auto detect also doesn't display distance 

Best Answer

@Rich: Granny01 has the same problem we all have. her phone is connected to
the gps but the fitbit app will not record her walks.

i'm a bit confused and i' m not sure if it's me not understanding what you
are suggesting...is there another way to record your routes? or are you
suggesting that she uses a different app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge 2 but that's not the problem.
I could leave it at home.
Just take phone and GPS walk/run on android app is goosed after last update circa 9th.
Fitbit have acknowledged this.
It's nothing to do with your tracker.
It's the GPS run/walk on the app

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
Correct. As soon as you hit back arrow

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
No. You can't do anything.
You're stuck same as the rest of us.
You can't use GPS run/walk until fitbit fix it.
You can continue to use your tracker to log your steps

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes