Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PiLesley I have been on 7.1.1 for a few months.  If you can see my signature area in the posts I have tried to include the pertinent info there to help the Fitbitters.

@PiLesley wrote:
Out of interest what Android are you up to now?
I'm 7.1.1 fairly recently updated.
Will try latest Fitbit app as soon as it's available in UK.

Sent by LeSLeY

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Nexus phone has 7.1.1 as of 5th august and it thinks it's up to date?

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the 2.56 update this morning.

No change from 2.55 for me - pause/resume/pause/finish still loses the data; pause/finish saves it. The blank 'map' and 'recent' pages issue is still present (this seems to be a new bug in 2.55+).

Best Answer
I can get 2.56 now. Will try it out but you're not filling me will confidence 😞

I bet I'll be back on 2.42 by lunchtime!

Cheers

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have experienced the same issue (no visible map of my run) ever since I updated my android based fitbit app to version 2.55

I have to click the red "RUN" bar to navigate to the map and the run data. All the collected run data before the app upgrade is still visible.

In addition, I used to be able to see the time and pace info at each mile Mark, and at each manually selected lap Mark. Since the upgrade I can only see the manually selected lap data but not the auto-collected 1-mile time and pace data.

I would love to revert back to the previous app version. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Google Pixel and the One Fitbit but I strongly believe that the issue is with the FitBit app. I have tried several things including: resetting the tracker, uninstalling/reinstalling the FitBit app, clearing out the cache and data, and checking permissions.

I think I have been able to resolve the issue by giving FitBit permission to both location and storage. I am happy to report today that the MobileTracker worked for me today. Let's hope this continues....

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting pretty sick of this app as it now no longer can retain the map, if it records one in the first place.

It seems to be the same whether I set the Charge 2 tracker to track a walk, or if I set it in the app itself. If a map appears, which it does sometimes, it only appears for a short time, as you initially scroll through the other data screens. When you go back, the map screen is there, but is now blank. Sometimes it only records the second half of a map, if I stop to talk to someone got any length of time. Then that disappears as well.

Please please please fix this app! The device is expensive enough that we should be able to expect a meal that delivers what's promised.

This is the same on two phones and two trackers. IT'S THE APP!

I'm fed up. This has been going on too long now.

Best Answer
Since March 9th for some of us.
Do Fitbit care?
Not one jot

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there an update on this? Or can you provide an old version of the app on Google Play? I've been training for a 10k and I'm getting quite irritated that I still cannot see my maps and times per kilometer.

Also, more than 2 years after the release of Sony Xperia Z5 compact you still don't have it compatible. I'm thinking about leaving the Fitbit World for Another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't Think so! 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElinS it's the Fitbit App.  I'm on a Sony Xperia XP Android 7.1.1 and the only issues I have is what's reported.

@ElinS wrote:

Is there an update on this? Or can you provide an old version of the app on Google Play? I've been training for a 10k and I'm getting quite irritated that I still cannot see my maps and times per kilometer.

Also, more than 2 years after the release of Sony Xperia Z5 compact you still don't have it compatible. I'm thinking about leaving the Fitbit World for Another brand.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's nice. That's basically the only issue I have as well, except for the fact that I have to sync several times with my phone in order to have all parts of my day synced. That's because they still haven't developed the app to be compatible with Xperia Z5 compact. More than 2 years after it was released. I Think that's really bad!

They better fix this whole map thing soon Before I start using Another device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know. I dont really trust to download it from other sites.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElinS wrote:

I don't know. I dont really trust to download it from other sites.

Apk mirror is a save source ... They take the original Google play apk.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apkmirror is fine

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm guessing the mobile run feature is still not working? I haven't used my Fitbit or been on the forums since March 2017 when the problem first started so apologies if I have missed something! Was hoping that 5 months later there may be some progress?

Best Answer
HI
Unfortunately Nothing has happened. I didn't experience the issue until
this summer but it's really annoying!
Best Answer
0 Votes
No change since bug appeared 9th March.
Fitbit support less than useless.
No respect for us customers.
I suggest you delete app, go to apkmirror and get 2.42.
That's the last version that worked for pause, continue.
That's what this thread is about.
If you don't use pause, continue then this thread is not for you.
Pause, finish (not resuming with continue) works so far as I'm aware.
It's the pause, continue that loses everything.
Roll back to 2.42....

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

My flex 2 has recently started to lose my map after GPS tracked run. Can see after I finish tracking then disappears.  Why is this suddenly happening???

Best Answer
0 Votes