Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

I am having the same issue except for some reason, it's only happening on my long runs (when I actually care about saving my stats)  I did a 13.5 mile run today and I saw my splits, map, etc. but it disappeared.  I took a 3 mile walk last Sunday and that was recorded with no problem. VERY frustrating!

Best Answer

I've tried latest app version 2.55.

Still does not work.

If I dare to 'pause' an activity on my fitbit app whilst using gps.... a walk for example....and then 'continue', then the map does not save.

Yet again I've rolled back to 2.42, pre 9th March, when this bug appeared.

Don't you think we've waited long enough for a fix ?

UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer

Today I went for two runs and attempted to map both. 

The first disappeared and reappeared (though only for about half the time) as a non-mapped run. I did pause during the run but I'm not sure if the issue is that I paused it or if I cannot map more than one run per day. 

Should I be able to map more than one run each day?

Also this conversation says to not pause the run but on the android app you have to hit Pause before the Finish button even shows up. How can you finish the run without pausing?

Thanks!

Best Answer
Don't use pause, continue.
Only use pause, finish.

You can do as many as you like.

The bug relates to pause, continue and we've suffered a lack of support of any description from Fitbit since 9th march.

I've rolled back (again) to 2.42.
Very poor non existent customer care.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

I have a Goggles pixel 7.2 phone that my Blaze worked beautifully on until I had to set my phone due to a bug issue. The phone works well but The Fitbit ap does not work or show / look like it did previously. The phone app does not show the pulse rate nor the sleep info as previously. I want the old Fitbit version bak as I don't like this new up dated one. I don't have the time to login to dashboard every 5 min. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for he tip.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the confirmation there is some attempt at fixing the issue. Figures, the only time I have ever paused during my workout would be when  I have newest version 2.55 and crap gps logging after pauses.

Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ha!
There is no attempt at fixing.
Fitbit haven't bothered since March

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
🤔😱😭😡

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will Fitbit please provide an update on this?  I specifically bought the Charge HR for the GPS feature.  If I knew the GPS feature would not be reliable, I may have chosen another device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The tracking of walks or runs no longer works when the screen on my phone goes dark. I noticed that when i'd get home after a walk or run of a few miles it recorded only .2 of a mile. This happened for several days since Aug. 12. Today I did a little test. I went for a walk on a route I know well. I kept my phone in my hand and kept the screen awake for the first mile and it worked fine. Then I let the screen go dark for the next mile and it did not record anything and still read 1 mile. Then I kept the screen on for the next mile and it again recorded my distance traveled.Screen off for the next mile and again nada. So it seems like a soon as the screen goes off it quits working. at the end of my exercise the map was also blank. Any one else having this problem. This feature is useless if I can't tell how far I'm going if a take a different then usual.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@doobie It sounds like you're describing a different issue - the app reliably records my data as long as I don't press pause other than to immediately finish.

The map showing up as blank does appear to be a new bug in 2.55. The data is saved, however (as long as you didn't pause/resume), and can be viewed by opening the exercise log subsequently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the issue. Did you get a resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No.
Fitbit showing no interest.
Not tracker related.
App related.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just updated to V2.56... Results are odd....

It showed odd results on the phone and a blank screen after doing each of the pause/resume/pause finish test and the pause/finish.. and no stats..

After syncing the data was on the PC with the maps and stats.

Went back to the phone and then some data was there and the maps but no HR Zones.. Also on the resume activity no HR zones, no Calories burned and the impact is not correct.

This was only a quick test... More to come... Smiley Happy At least the maps were there..eventually..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok.
I can only get 2.55 9th August so will look out for 2.56.
Please post your findings as you continue to test, thanks

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39: The blank map/recent screens post-exercise have been happening since 2.55 for me.

I haven't received the 2.56 update yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Quppa Thanks for the quick response. On my Sony I had no problems with the "no resume" and finish. But always lost the maps when I used resume.

Now I have some more testing for V2. 56

@Quppa wrote:

@Colinm39: The blank map/recent screens post-exercise have been happening since 2.55 for me.

I haven't received the 2.56 update yet.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

V2.56... Mixed results again.... But it started to pour rain so more testing tomorrow.

This time I started using Hike.... My hike with only pause/Finish has disappeared..  My hike with 2 pause/resumes is there in the PC but in all cases I have to wait for the phone to generate the maps.. Smiley Sad Except the missing pause/finish one.

Also when I paused and resumed x 2,  I walked a few meters on the pause, therefore I should have had 2 x gaps in the map... It's just a continuous plot.

Also my phone Fitbit App is locked on a blank screen trying to regenerate the last map... A phone reboot has fixed that and examining the 5 maps I have to wait for the regeneration

All of the stats are there for all 5 mapped activities. and now..... It won't generate the maps... Stats still there, both phone and PC..

So fa,r not a good release.. considering on my Sony it has always performed as expected except the pause/resume maps on V2.55..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Out of interest what Android are you up to now?
I'm 7.1.1 fairly recently updated.
Will try latest Fitbit app as soon as it's available in UK.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes