Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

No improvement in 2.66, either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the pause issue when i went on my walk. I see the original error was identified ages ago. When is this being fixed? I am using a ChargeHR with Samsung S8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there Community fellows! I been reading your recent posts and I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your GPS exercise. I can understand how frustrating this can be for you.

I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten this issue and we are still monitoring this problem. Please stick around for future updates, in the meantime keep in mind the recommended workaround of not pausing the exercise in order to reduce the chance this glitch affect your exercise.

See you later and as soon I got more updates I will be visiting this thread. Thank you all for your constant patience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the confirmation that you haven't forgotten about this issue, but I must admit your message is more disheartening than anything ('monitoring'?). It's been over a year now since this show-stopping bug was introduced.

There's a known last working version (2.42). The bug is trivial to reproduce and totally reliable: I've tested it many times and it always happens after pausing and resuming and never happens after pausing only to immediately finish tracking. Would video evidence help?

How stretched is Fitbit's Android app team that they can't find the time - in over 12 months - to do a diff on the code between 2.42 and 2.43 and figure out what changed in order to break this? As a software developer I hate to imagine what's going on there.

Best Answer

It's very concerning that fitbit have known about this bug since July 2017 at the latest and we're now in February 2018 and the bug still exists...

Surely this dissatisfaction in your customer base will create bad word of mouth, and in turn jeopardise your brand and future sales?

Come on fitbit, make a commitment to your "valued" customers, when are you going to fix this bug?

Best Answer

Well, I was really hoping to come on here and find a solution. However, seeing that this post started so long ago and nothing has changed, I guess I'll have to find another app for my half marathon. 

Not that one person leaving really matters, but please know this motivates me to switch to another device such as a Garmin or Samsung watch.

Best Answer

No improvement in 2.67.1 (pity, as I think I just beat my PB while testing :)).

Best Answer
I've fixed the problem, bought a garmin forerunner 235, all problems are
now resolved. Sadly dont think I'll return to fitbit.
Best Answer

Can't stand linked GPS, too many lost connections.  I rely on MobileRun instead, phone GPS is dead on with it.

When is this pause feature going to be fixed?  Shopping trackers now, the Garmin is looking good.

Best Answer
The Garmin is fantastic. I've purchased a second hand forerunner 220, and
it's so much more reliable than Fitbit.
Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer

Android apps that work properly, Google Fit and Strava.

Android app broken for 1 year - Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Anybody try 2.68 yet?

Best Answer

2.68 is still broken, FFS.  "Pause", then "Resume" translates into "delete this activity".

This is a MAJOR bug.  Why is it not on the hot list for a fix?

I have a Blaze, Charge HR, and a Surge.  The first two are fine for step counting, but connected GPS is wildly inaccurate.  The Surge GPS works a little bit better, but often gets the starting coordinate way off.

My Moto X Pure's GPS function is much more consistent, using any app, including Fitbit's.  I like it because I can actually see my location real-time.  This "delete activity" behavior is extremely annoying, though, enough that I'd consider moving to Garmin.  

Seems like it would be relatively easy for your programmers to fix.  I'll roll back to 2.42, that version still works fine.

Best Answer

Roberto,

Thanks for "monitoring". 

This issue is over a year old.  When will it be fixed?

Best Answer

Is it still broken?  Why yes it is.

Best Answer

Frustrated that this is still happening.  I "lost" a 6km walk this morning.  My app says I did the walk but no map or other data because I accidentally pressed pause instead of holding the button to finish.  This then provides no information to strava which I use to enter virtual runs and challenges and link up with challenges with friends who don't use fitbit.  Is this bug ever going to be fixed?  I see that quite a few people have been complaining about it for a long time.  

Best Answer

Hi, @Sharnben thanks for stopping by! It's great to see your participation in the forums! Smiley Happy

First of all, sorry you're having this issues with your Fitbit, please restart your Surge and check the steps on how to use your Surge to track GPS activities. Pressing pause instead of holding the button to finish shouldn't be an issue if you're finishing the activity in the correct way after that. Please also check this article about Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device?

Here you will find some recommendations when using GPS tracking:

• Make sure your syncing device is running the latest app version
  • For future GPS activities you should sync when connecting with WiFi signal or strong data connection. (Since GPS runs have so much data to transfer.)

If you're getting an specific error message, please let me know!

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide
Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride...

Best Answer

@Sharnben I see you started the run in the App and not the Surge .If you did use the app to track your run, please let us know and also what phone you have .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would be nice if the "release notes" in the next version acknowledges this problem and whether it is fixed or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes