Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

Too wet and nearly midnight for me to try, but V2.60.1 just updated for me in Australia.

No information in the Firmware Release posts. at this link..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

No improvement with 2.60.1.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem as well. I understand a fix is in the works. Can I provide any information to help?

Best Answer

No improvement in App V2.61.

Not pausing works.. but... pause and resume.. nothing. At least the App locks onto the GPS immediately.

I used the Ionic parallel to the Android App and it took 35 metres to lock on.. but tracked from then on.. A little wobbly tonight..

I had 8 satellites using GPS Waypoints

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

This still isn't working - how long do we have to wait?! I've continued to invest in Fitbit, yet they don't seem to be interested in this issue at all!

So frustrating.

Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer

2.62 does not fix the issue.

It's now been more than 9 months since this bug was introduced. I wonder if we'll make it an entire year.

Best Answer

I don't want to jinx myself but I'm not having any trouble in the last 3 months. Fingers crossed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still facing this issue. It's been almost a year and still no fix! I feel like I have to switch Apps now.

Best Answer

This is incredibly frustrating to have core functionality not working for months.  Poor show FitBit.

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Best Answer

Have you told the developers about this? Your successay might provide the decisive clue they need to fix it.

Best Answer

2.63 does not solve the issue.

Best Answer

Come on Fitbit!!  This has been going on for a YEAR now!!  To make the mapping feature unusable on the app is just so frustrating - particularly when you had it working before!  Please don't keep ignoring us..... 

Best Answer

I have the Alta HR, Fitbit app version 2.63 ( 2193223) and a Moto G4 android 7.0

The map & GPS working fine whilst walking via mobilerun, the minute it's finished everything disappears. I've tried pausing and not pausing, everything still disappears. 

Reading through all these threads it appears the problem had still not been solved. 

I would like my map and stats saved , is there another compatible app that works well with the Alta HR & android 7.0 that will give me the gps maps? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FITBIT!  It's been over a year, and STILL it's not been resolved!  Please, please, PLEASE get it sorted - you used to have it working so you've already shown us it's possible.

I have four fitbits, and you're sadly disappointing me time and time again with your customer service when it comes to bugs and required fixes.  

Best Answer

@Romengaccord It's only been 11 months and 20 minor version releases since the bug was introduced 🙂 I'm still hoping for a belated Christmas present...

Best Answer

Well, the first update for 2018 (2.64) does not fix the issue.

Only a couple of weeks until the 1 year anniversary of this showstopping bug!

Best Answer
I keep mine on external storage. It updated the other day and I didn't realize it. That was the only day my walk with the dog didn't register. I put it back on external storage and so far so good. Hope I didn't just jinx myself
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to find it isn't just me having this issue, but sad that 6 months since your last post here there doesn't seem to be a fix for this yet.

I have a Moto G (3rd Generation) phone with all the latest updates for both the phone and the Fitbit app and a Charge2 band.

The temporary 'fix' as I explained in the Charge2 forum is not to Pause and then Resume during a walk/run; that will lose you all your mapping data.  Instead just Pause then Finish at the end of your Walk/Run.

The frustration for me is that I want to time my journey and so be able to Pause it when I stop and talk to someone along the way.

Can someone give an update on progress here and estimated fix time.  All in all this problem is over a year old.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Completely support your post - thank you for chasing again. Can't believe that it's been like this for over a year now - so frustrating!

Best Answer

2.65.1 doesn't fix this issue.

Best Answer