Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

I have firmware version 18.122. Running on a LG K20 phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Phone irrelevant.
It's the app

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer

Yes. I sometimes have the map show up and sometimes it doesn't. One day it was there when we were done with our walk, then checked and hour later and it was gone...then before bed checked again and it was there!!  To weird. Your not alone with this problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is now September 2017, and this same problem is happening to me. It appears to be connected to use of pause, but it is not consistent even then. Does anyone know an ETA for the fix, or a reliable workaround?

Best Answer

I actually did email Fitbit support, apparently they are aware of the issue and working hard to fix it. No ETA 😒

Best Answer
And.... Since March 9th you believe them?

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer

2.58 does not solve the issue.

Best Answer

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

It's been more than 6 months since this bug was first reported and there have been more than 15 updates released in that time. It's trivial to reproduce.

It's nice to have confirmation that Fitbit is aware of the issue, but how major does a bug have to be in order to receive a fix in a timely manner? If it's particularly difficult to solve (seems hard to believe), at least replace 'pause' with 'finish' so that people who don't know about the workaround don't risk losing their data.

Best Answer

2.59 does not fix the issue.

Best Answer

Same issues here. Can't record map and it does not track gps correctly.

Unfortunately, it's the principal reason why I bought my flex 2.

😞

Best Answer

The GPS mapping was the primary reason I bought a Charge 2 as well.  My first Charge had to be replaced 2 times due to the exact same piece of plastic breaking where the charger plugged in.  Once my first Charge was no longer covered under warranty I went and bought a Garmin.  I ended up returning the Garmin because I wanted GPS mapping and Garmin devices that map are quite a bit more expensive.  I came back to Fitbit since the price for the Charge with GPS was reasonable.  I guess next time I'll pay extra for the Garmin.  I know several people that have a Garmin and they're very happy with them.

Best Answer

Thanks for the information on the Garmin. If I might ask.. how much more for the map information on the Garmin? Is it a one time payment or monthly thing? 

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

Just wanted to say to last 2 users thinking about garmin the following: after waiting for anow update from fitbit since March I changed to Garmin. The map function works perfectly (have tried with running and walking, soon cycling as well). The amount of customisations available is endless.

Most importantly, when I am on a traffic light it stops on its own (only fitbit ionic does so). 

I cannot recommend it enough. Depending on how you intend to use it, you could potentially get a 'cheaper' model. Please make sure it has GPS and HR would be my recommendation.

Best Answer

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as I know, Garmin doesn't charge a monthly fee.  The Garmin Vivoactive is around $300.00.  That's probably what I'll buy next time.

Best Answer

You're the third person who has told me they love their Garmin.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Adding my input, this happens on my Google Nexus 5X as well.

Best Answer

The issue still occurs with version 2.60.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It happened to me today too

Best Answer
0 Votes