Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

I'm confused. I was replying to the comment about are steps counted when not using the tracker. The answer is: I see steps on my app when the tracker is not used, so yes, somehow by some magic it does.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see anything called mobile run in my app. I thought this thread was about the tracks/maps not being saved. I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the part of the app called "track exercise" and have the issue where half my tracks vanish when I'm done. Whatever "mobile run" is, I don't have it or don't click on it to have this happen to me. So I assumed others reporting the "forgetting my route" issue were referring to using the "track exercise" feature, which is what it says on my Fitbit app. I will try to find  the feed for people having trouble with "forgetting my route" only in "track exercise".  Sorry for the trouble.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Ho! do you ever wish you had'nt started something ?. ths thread is going round and round and round.
This is possibly my final contribution to this topic so i would like to recap.
1.>>>> we must accept that there are many different versions of fitbit. some have integrated GPS some like my Charge 2 have not.
2.>>>> the app whether installed on Android , Windows or iOS can track your walk/run using mobile data.You do not need to wearing a Fitbit for this to work.

3.>>>> Your Fitbit can automatically detect and report your activity if it meets settings criteria, this can be sync'd later with your device, via bluetooth or a dongle, and then sync'd to your on-line fitbit accout via a wifi connection.
All good so far

4.>>>> now the problem >>>> If you go for a walk/hike/run and select track my walk/hike/run from within the app on your mobile device, all will be fine,,,, unless you are wearing your fitbit at the time.
Why???? Because when you finish your walk/hike/run you will press the finish option on your phone app. Great there is your route mapped and complete with all your stats..
Within 2 minutes your Fitbit which has been with you quietly recording everything decides to sync with your app on your phone (this assumes you have all day sync turned on in settings) this data does not include mapping (on Fitbits without active GPS) Therefore overriding your walk/hike/run data and losing surplus information like mapping etc.
It also corrupts other information presumably because distances are calculated based on assumptions such as stride length etc..

I can only assume the recent update is to blame for this phenomena since I did not have the above issue before this date. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@Altrickbeautifully stated and summarized.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is reply I got yesterday from Twitter support @fitbitsupport.
"Thank you for sharing these details. We've checked with our engineering team and currently working on a fix about this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal very soon.."

So i think we can stand down for a few days?

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer

@Altrick, out of curiosity, which update are you referring to, their have been updates to the tracker firmware, However since it affects more than one type of tracker this should not be the case. 

Let's look towards the app update which should affect all Android users, but it doesn't. 

When a bug pops up that affects 

Now could the update be in the server, thus also should affect all Android users, maybe even more than just android. 

some users, but not all, it adds to the complications of diagnosing. Now let's add that many different hardware configurations off Android phones and the many different variations of the operating systems, on top of this it could simply be that Fitbit is not playing nice with a specific app on the phone (it has been this case in the past) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me now after it working for over a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@Altrick, out of curiosity, which update are you referring to, their have been updates to the tracker firmware, However since it affects more than one type of tracker this should not be the case. 

Let's look towards the app update which should affect all Android users, but it doesn't. 

When a bug pops up that affects 

Now could the update be in the server, thus also should affect all Android users, maybe even more than just android. 

some users, but not all, it adds to the complications of diagnosing. Now let's add that many different hardware configurations off Android phones and the many different variations of the operating systems, on top of this it could simply be that Fitbit is not playing nice with a specific app on the phone (it has been this case in the past) 

Sir....   All the details have been discussed and noted many times in this thread previously..   Nothing more can be gained by dissecting the various inputs from multiple contributors,

It is clear that an update took place on 9th  march to the fitbit app, via the playstore affecting at least one android user   namely me.  it appears others are also affected whilst others are not OR are not aware of it.

LIFE GOES ON..     don;t return your fitbits people they are a great piece of kit..   The problem is with the app developers who to date have not taken the trouble to admit they fouled up, Shame!

Work round it for now and hope someone has the courage to admit the error and sort it out.

Best Answer
Here is reply I got from Twitter @fitbitsupport yesterday:
'Thank you for sharing these details. We've checked with our engineering team and currently working on a fix about this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal very soon.'

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aileen78If you are sharing the problem we all have lately, where you make a track with your phone and the map is there but when you go back to look it's gone, then it's the bug talked about here:  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/FitBit-lost-my-map-and-pace-data/td-p/1863612  It seems to be a bug in the latest update of the Fitbit App from March 9th and Fitbit is working on it.  Follow the link to learn more.  However, if this is NOT the problem you describe, perhaps something else is wrong.  Best regards!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7am UK just updated app to 22.22.48.14.
Just says bug fixes, nothing specific but we well see...... Fingers crossed

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PiLesley, did you get the update to the ne Android app, version 2.45? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep 🙂
This morning.
Used it at lunchtime and it worked, but needs more exhaustive testing me thinks.
What's your experience so far?

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

So far it is working great, @PiLesley, but I haven't been out for a Connected GPS exercise yet today.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi USAF-Larry,
I'll be using it again Thursday lunch. Maybe not Friday but certainly add often as possible over the weekend.
@USAF-Larry, I'm cautious but optimistic.
I'm so looking forward to getting my little motivational maps back!
How sad I must be!

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this sorted for everyone else? My app is still losing my maps today. I don't seem to have had any update from the play store to the app in the last couple of days ☹

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Pissypye,
@Pissypye, Google play in the UK updated for Android yesterday morning.
Latest app version is 22.22.48.14.
I used it yesterday once and today once and saved maps both times.
Will try again many times over the weekend to test.
What country are you?

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

Got the below response from Fitbit support this morning...

Hi Haley, Thanks for providing us with your app logs. Since your mobile device is not listed on the list of supported devices, we cannot guarantee that the features will work with your phone. At this time, we could also suggest using the connected GPS feature on your Charge 2 to more accurately track your exercises. For more information, refer to this page here: How do I use multisport or exercise mode on my tracker? We hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions. Sincerely, Karina W and the Fitbit Team

I find this really strange as I've had my phone for almost a year now and have never had any problems using any of the features up until a few weeks ago? Also I dont have a charge 2! I guess I will just have to use mapmyrun from now on and use my fitbit as a watch/pedometer! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the update , and walked twice since. i have NOT selected track my walk in the app on my phone, but started a walk track via the option in my charge2 tracker.  This is the method i have been using successfully since the bad update on 9th of march..     However i am no longer getting mapped route date by this method.   i will try tracking via the phone app soon to see if any improvement.

Best Answer