Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

@LesWilliams79  It happens to me on walk or run. It used to be every fourth or so of wouldn't save, now it seems.like every other one doesn't save. I make screenshots of all my maps as more than half are now missing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Pretty poor show isn't it?

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's about time some of you FB and Twitter users started making some noise...(sadly I'm not!).
Only when they see their rep being hurt will we see some action!

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not necessarily that they haven't bothered. They probably just haven't figured it out yet. When it comes to program bugs, what seems like it should be simple can actually be a giant problem. Or something they haven't even been able to reproduce yet since it's obviously not affecting everyone. I used to do network engineering & tech support so I know from experience. They've responded to people so I'm gonna give them another week or two before I escalate my complaints.

Best Answer
0 Votes
But.... In the mean time they can roll back the 9th March update. Easy.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

Hello,

I have had the same issue, last Tuesday (March 14) I took a walk for excercise and it seemed to have recorded it fine and I took a snapshot but later it was nowhere to be found in the app.

Last Saturday; finishing our 30km walk I hit the flag and saw the map and took a snapshot again (due to experience before that it would vanish) and after I sat down at home I took a look and it again showed as if I hadn't done any excercise since March 1, both my snapshots were proof but it is nowhere to be found in my track excercise.
In my excercise map it shows the latest walk from March 1

Also, sometimes the app freezes halfway or near the end, not alowing me to hit the flag to finish or doesn't restart recording after a coffe stop or so causing to not record the walk completely (but the total steps and distance than did record and does show the right distance)
So, the latest update of the app doesn't make me very happy... I read that Fitbit is aware of the problem, isn't it possible to redo the update and downgrade to the previous working version ?

But for now I also would like to know, where did the excercise recordings go to ?

It indeed does show my steps I made those days etc, but I want to actually see the map and time laps too

March 1 walkMarch 1 walkMarch 14 walkMarch 14 walkProof of March 18 walkProof of March 18 walkLatest result of my track excerciseLatest result of my track excercise

Thanks for any help

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. Welcome aboard. I'm currently in conversation with @fitbitsupport on Twitter. They didn't acknowledge any knowledge of the issue. I've sent them the link to this community discussion. We'll see if they get back to me

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

I think I may have discovered a stable work around for those of us that have to use the phone app for GPS maps (ie. those with wristbands like flex 2).  It may be that I'm extremely lucky (it's worked 3 times for me, and all my functional maps since the last android update fit this), but it seems the phone app can accurately and consistently track walks that last under 1 hour and under two miles.  If you start the GPS walk tracking and "finish" the walk before the hour/2 mile marker, you can start a "new" walk and keep going.  I know it's absolutely obnoxious to create 3 or more maps for a single walk (for those of us that like to take long nature hikes Smiley Happy ) and it probably isn't feasible for those that use the app to track runs/bike routes, but it seems to work for now.  At least its better than loosing everything Smiley Frustrated  I can"t wait for Fitbit IT fixes the issue or; at the very least; rolls back the last update until they can figure this all out!!!!!! Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

I don't think I am using the Mobile Run app, I only use the Fitbit app (on my HTC One10)

Can the fitbit be used in other apps ? I didn't know that

Best Answer
0 Votes
No..... The walk/run feature on the fitbit mobile phone app.
That's what's not working. Not saving maps

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

All of my walks are under 2 miles and under 2 hours. Half of them don't save. Most of my walks are around .75 or 1.2 miles. Some are .50 miles. I do them several times a day.  Half of them save, half don't.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too. My walks tend to be 1-2.5 miles. Some with pauses, some without.
I'd say 50% sync and save properly, 50% sync and get overwritten by basic tracker data and maps are lost

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

@walker99....This is a good fix for me...until Fitbit looks into the issue and hopefully, provides a solution. I know my two mile walk route, and so far, the only mapped data I've lost has been (2) 5 mile walks...and this issue is exactly the reason I decreased my miles and now walk twice daily...when weather permits...Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@fitbitsupport have replied to me on Twitter..
'Thank you for sharing these details, . We've checked with our engineering team and currently working on a fix about this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal very soon.'

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

@Rich_LaueYes it does track steps without the tracker (using just the app).  I assume it calculates steps based on distance and your stride information, if no tracker is being used and just the phone app is "tracking" you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry  I believe using "connected GPS" bypasses the issue in the app.  But only trackers that have GPS ability can use "connected GPS", so if you have one of those and use that feature, you won't experience the bug.

Best Answer

@SolangeE this is a common known problem that Fitbit have been aware of for over a week now but still no solution. There are many other similar conversations going on in the fitbit community forums...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/FitBit-lost-my-map-and-pace-data/m-p/1863612#M43356

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner...This is not correct...I have a Fitbit Charge 2 and I use Connected GPS. I always carry my Android phone and wear my tracker...I also ensure that both Bluetooth and Location are turned on and that my location is recognized before I start the time.Over the past week I've lost map data for two 5 mile walks...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@Rich_LaueYes it does track steps without the tracker (using just the app).  I assume it calculates steps based on distance and your stride information, if no tracker is being used and just the phone app is "tracking" you.

@SunsetRunnerI'm not sure which part of the Fitbit app your are referring to. 

There is the apps Mobile Run feature that this thread is about. When using this, the app records the path with GPS, then uses your stride to, as you say, calculate, is:take a guess at not actually count or track the steps taken. In the app there is the ability to add a device called Mobile Track, this is where your phone is able to be used as a replacement to the tracker. 

For what Mobile Run will record versus calculate, please see this help doc at http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2099?pn=1#explanation

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw others posting from connected gps that also didn't have the issue, so I assumed that's why Larry had no problem. Maybe there is another reason Larry has no issue and everyone else does.

Best Answer
0 Votes