Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

@USAF-Larry...This is just what mine looks like --most days. I wear my tracker and carry my phone with connected GPS. I make sure the GPS has recognized my location. When I get to my driveway, I hit the button and the time begins. Periodic checks ensure me that my path is being mapped. I've only had 2 walks for which there is no map data...But as I mentioned in another post, today was fine. This specific issue has prompted me to set up a Fitbit account on my laptop, which I thought I would never need...I now realize what I was missing and will be doing a "catch-up" session throughout the forum...Thanks to all for your input and suggestions!!

Best Answer

@USAF-LarryHi again... No issues here on thje Blaze with Connected GPS.. All tracking, mapping and syncing on the Android and the server.  I have never missed a connection or lost a map.

I'm on the latest firmware, app and Android V7

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.
What version of android app please?

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PiLesley in not sure who you are asking, but if it is @Colinm39 then the key to His Map is that he used His Fitbit tracker with the Connected GPS and not the Fitbit it app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
OK with Charge 2 I have to use connected GPS via phone/app which I think we've established is the issue, thanks.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PiLesleyThanks for asking because I just noticed on the Android horizontal view it does not show the 2nd line as full

app.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's what i have too

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tested today, UK. Walked with phone, fitbit GPS mobile tracker on. Finished. Saved map. Great. Map visible and saved 🙂

However, I'd left my 'tracker that does not track' at home. Just used mobile. Got home. Synced. All disappeared.... As if I'd never been out. No sign of map or walk at all. The map that had been there ...gone, vanished. Syncing with the tracker that I had left at home erased everything. Useless.

I'm looking for a refund £130 Charge 2 purchased February. Tell me how to send my rose gold Charge 2 back to Fitbit please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walks this morning. One saved, one vanished. I've been talking with Fitbit tech support via Twitter. They act like they've never heard of this. Maybe we all need to contact support so they know it's not just me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PiLesley, we can't tell you how to return your Charge 2 tracker, only Fitbit Support can do that - you should contact them as soon as possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact @fitbitsupport on TWITTER to let them know.of this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They know of this issue. All too well. I was replying to their post. That's why i asked how to get my money back. It was them i was directing my comments to. There are loads and loads of posts here on this thread from very very unhappy fitbit owners.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

I contacted the support team early last week, they didn't seem to know of the problem either so I had to send them a link to this very thread! After that they sent me instructions to run a debug report on my phone and then send them that which I did...haven't any more from them since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well done

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

The support people on Twitter act as if they know nothing about it. I have heard nothing from Fitbit that tells me they k ow there's an issue and they are working to fix it. This is so serious. I LOVE Fitbit, but this is going to hurt them.terribly.if they continue to ignore it. Please Fitbit, if you're listening, please don't let us down any longer. You can still save this if you act now. All they have to do is roll back to the previous version u til they fix it. It would take them minutes to do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PiLesley, Fitbit Support may be aware of the problem, but you have to contact them and specifically request a return authorization with a refund. Only they can authorize a Return & Refund.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. I've said that here too. Roll it back.... Come on Fitbit.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
How many of you have updated your android firmware of your phone over the
last week?
Maybe that be the issue or part of it?

i updated mine recently, probably around 7-10 days ago.

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

Been having the same problem since the last update. Thought it had been fixed when it correctly recorded when I chose walk yesterday but lost it again today with "run". Going to try using "walk" tomorrow to see if it's a problem just with the "run" gps recordings or if I just got lucky somehow yesterday.

Best Answer
Don't bother. Run, walk, hop skip and jump if it like, it doesn't work. Sporadic.
Fitbit know..... They have spoken on here, they just not bothered

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes