Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun not saving at all

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't see my map from my run last night. Its not coming up!!?

Moderator's edit: Edited title for clarity. 

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

This happened to me again just yesterday.  Not sure it's the exact problem, but with my app and Galaxy S7 Active, the ENTIRE hike disappears!  

FitBit app used to be very reliable for met tracking a history of my hikes and walks, but not anymore!

I might need to go back to the Sports Tracker app, where my hikes never disappeared.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy S8+

Fitbit Device: One, f/w v6.60

Fitbit App Version: 2.53(2193140)

MobileRun activity: Run

I had been using the MobileRun function in the Fitbit app to track my runs (during which I also wore my One device). The last successful track using this function was on June 29, 2017. After that date, my device appears to track my run, and immediately after holding the "Finish" button down, I am presented with the map and I can look at the split times and pace. However, after I hit the arrow at the top of the screen to go back to other functions in the app, the run does not appear in my Exercise list. For example, both my run this morning (07/19) and the one from yesterday (07/18) were not recorded automatically. Since I remembered the details I have now entered them manually; however, they were not recorded as they had been previously.

When I was collecting information for this response, I noticed that a new item named "MobileTrack" had been added to my Devices. It indicated it was "Linked to another device". I have deleted the entry and will try to reestablish it on my next activity.

Profile info page in mobile Fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried using this, and it didn't save. I did finish, got the praise...but the workout doesn't show up under exercise. Also, I keep unchecking sleep so it doesn't show on the dashboard, but it always reappears when the app asks me to restart bluetooth (even though bluetooth is on)

• What is the make and model of your mobile device? Galaxy S7
  • What version of the Android app are you currently running (Account > Help)? V2.53
  • What activity were you trying in MobileRun (Run, Walk, Hike)? Walking
  • Give me the date and time that this event occurred. 7/20/17 around 1030hrs
Best Answer
0 Votes

• Mobile Device:Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
  • Fitbit Device: Charge HR
  • Fitbit App Version: 2.53(2193140)
  • Android Version: 7
  • MobileRun activity:Run
  • Date/Time Event: 7/23/17 5:03PM

Similar problem used MobileRun on the fitbit app to track my run for the GPS, I also wore my fitbit device. Completed my work out and saw the map, elevation, split pace and time stats. Synced my activity and on the fitbit dashboard it successfully synced and appears in my Exercise list. However, the Distance, Map (route) and the rest of the stats provided after completing my run is nowhere to be found. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have discovered something that is helpful until FitBit recognizes the problem and designs a fix for it.

My problem of my FitBit app on my Samsung Galaxy S8 Active not saving a tracked hike/walk immediately after showing the congratulatory screen occurs if I go back to the dashboard without waiting a while.

It seems like if I go back to the dashboard too quickly, the data from the exercise session is not being uploaded/saved.  If I delay and leave the summary screen up for several minutes, I believe this gives the app time to finish uploading/syncing the workout to my account.

Someone from FitBit/moderator, please propose this to the app developers for confirmation and testing.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem as others on this thread. That is, I use the MobileRun function in the Fitbit app during runs and walks, and wear my Charge 2 but don't push any buttons on it.  My device tracks my run, and immediately after holding the "Finish" button down, I can see the map and  the split times and pace. However, when I hit the arrow at the top of the screen to go back to other functions in the app, the run does not appear in my Exercise list. Very frustrating! It used to work fine up until about 2 weeks ago. I hope they are working on a fix. Any information from the moderator?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and now use MapMyRun. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

charge 2 ( firmware 22.22.54.6 😞 Sony Xperia z5 compact : app v2.57.3 ext. memory  

Activity triggered from Fitbit.

map data can be viewed in situ.. on a hike, no PHONE signal, gps position accurate, route can be viewed .. zooming in & out, pausing does make a difference either way.

If there is no mobile data connection available on completion of activity then map data is lost, but steps & other stats are there.

Activity triggered from Fitbit... no problems as long as there is a mobile data connection.

triggering activity from app to enable voice cues.. at the end of activity map data along with splits data appears ok, BUT as soon as you return to home page map data is lost & only steps, calories and HR data is subsequently available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung S6 model SM-G9201

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung s6 model sm-g9201 android version 7.0 , I always set it to walk, Went for a walk tonight 28/11/2017 between 5:15pm and 6:15 when I finished my walk I pushed pause and finish straight away and the map didn't show up at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try stopping and leaving the app up without touching anything on your phone for a few minutes.  The map doesn't show up at first, but I think if you let it sit and transfer/sync the new workout, it will save it and you can go back to it and see it in your history.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello - When I run and use the tracking function in the app, my full run is tracked, however once I "finish" the run, there is no map of my run, and the distance and time have reduced.  I notice this happens when the start/finish location is my home versus when I start/finish a hiking trail nowhere near my home.  Does my home wifi have anything to do with this happening?  Thank you!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jmaemori Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your post to this Android App thread that is about this problem specifically. 

Please check this post and reply to all questions being held there. That should help Fitbit to get a better understanding of this issue.

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi SantiFitbit - Thanks for directing me to this thread. As suggested by some, I have waited for a sync to occur (sometimes up to an hour) but still have the same issue of the map not appearing and sometimes all data disappearing.  I started using Under Armor's Map My Run app which works very well (also needs a few minutes to sync before map and data show) and is compatible with Fitbit.  Hoping Fitbit can get this fixed/fine-tuned.  Thank you! 

Best Answer

Hello, this may be a bit off-topic but I have noticed that if my phone's Battery Saver mode is enabled the GPS doesn't always play well with logging walks that I do, I wonder if this could be some of the confusion.  I have started turning battery saver off when I do things that I want to track with GPS.  Just got a fitbit and am very please, hope this helps someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes