Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun not saving at all

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't see my map from my run last night. Its not coming up!!?

Moderator's edit: Edited title for clarity. 

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Sounds like connected GPS via the phone wasn't connected. Happens to me all the time, do you have a supported device?

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, @Aileen78! Thanks for joining us! . Man Very Happy Like our friend, @Dragonfruit asked you, checking the compatibility of your phone is vital for this process! 

Once you have confirmed this, make sure that you are following these instructions to connect the GPS successfully. If you are and are still experiencing issues, please let me know on what part of the process are you stuck.

I'll be around. 🙂 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem intermittently. I have the Surge though, so shouldn't need the phone connection should I? I will make sure I have Bluetooth enabled on my phone next time to see if it makes a difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, @BDangBill! Welcome, welcome! If you are using your Surge, there is no need to enable the Bluetooth on your phone, since your tracker has GPS as well. For this situation you can try to restart your tracker and let me know how it goes! 

@HayleyCh. Hmm... this could be because your tracker is not compatible, but you say it was working before? Have you changed something on your settings? 

Let me know! Cat Very Happy

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SolangeEAfter reading this topic and the one that @SunsetRunner has posted about a companion topic aren't the topics about MobileRun..?

To avoid the confusion can we edit the Topic Title and include MobileRun in the name.

If my suimmation is correct, I will activate MobileRun on my next walk and see what my updated App 2.45 gives me.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Fitbit One.  I log my afternoon run or walk through the fitbit app and use GPS.  I really like seeing the map afterwards.  Upon completion, I am able to click and hold "Finish" and my phone screen turns green with praise.  However, despite seeing the map and the other stats, it does not sync under the exercise section.  It's completely MIA.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Best Answer

@Jaymie_Lin Welcome to the Fitbit family! That is strange. Are you still experiencing this issue? 

How long are those activities?

It is possible that you were experiencing that as a result of using an out of date Fitbit app. The latest version of the app was released on April 4. I'm sure you have updated it already.

Have you tried tracking a walk using GPS once again?

Also, when are you able to see the map? and are you able to see the map just once and then it disappears? 

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR Good Morning and thank you!  I inquired about this problem last Wednesday after a 26 minute walk at lunch.  I did a 30 minute run that evening with the same problem.  However, I have not tried logging anything since.  I am planning on a walk at lunch today so my fingers are crossed. 

To log the activities, I open the app>Track Exercise>Add>Tracking.

Once my activity is completed, I can see the map, time, pace, etc but then I never see it again....

I did update the app, so I am hoping things work today. 

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer

Screenshot_20170410-130042.png

@SantiR UPDATE: I walked at lunch and I attached my end result.  I pushed the back arrow at the top to close out and I got the error window saying that fitbit has stopped working & that I could close or send feedback.  Now, I have no record of my walk 😞

Best Answer

Hi everyone -- To keep everything in order, it sounds like there are 2 separate issues occurring for users in regards to MobileRun. To clarify, this specific thread is for users who are experiencing their MobileRun activity not saving at all. If you're experiencing this issue, please provide the following:

• What is the make and model of your mobile device?
  • What version of the Android app are you currently running (Account > Help)?
  • What activity were you trying in MobileRun (Run, Walk, Hike)?
  • Give me the date and time that this event occurred.

The other issue I have come across is where users are able to save their MobileRun activity, but the map and pace information is not saved. That should be reported in this separate thread

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbitIn this post would be the users who experience this issue of lost mapping all of the time, please see if you get a message at the end displaying,

The message is below and I cannot screen shot..

Fitbit has stopped

Restart App

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
Yes i get that message 
Sent from my LG Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jas143Thanks for getting back with that positive response.. To me this is the problem..

Why does a double pause cause the Fitbit App to stop..?. Result.. Lost mapping etc..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jaymie_Lin Thanks for your reply and for the updates! I made some research and found that the issue you are experiencing is currently being investigated. Therefore, I moved the original thread to this one, which is collecting all the information to fix this.

Please check this post on this thread and reply answering the questions that you'll see there. That way, we can keep investigating to generate a further solution. 

Thanks for your patience. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit @SantiR  Thanks for the added help!  I am very appreciative.  I am currently using a Google Pixel XL with Android System 7.1.1.  The exercises affected are Run & Walk. 

Days that I've had the issues are:

3/25 Walk (afternoon)

3/29 Run (evening)

4/4 Walk (evening)

4/5 Walk (afternoon) & Run (evening)

4/10 Walk (afternoon)

However, I did not have any issues prior to 3/25.  In fact, there were no issues on 3/18, 3/21, and 3/23.  Additionally, I did a small run last night and logged it under "Hike" and it saved!  I'm not sure if it has something to do with just the "Walk" & "Run" options...

Best Answer

Yes that's the message I get

Best Answer
0 Votes

having a similar problem (maps not always saving) appears to happen more often if i have paused the walk 

Best Answer

Using a OnePlus3

Running Nougat 7.1.1

Doing Walks

I no longer remember the dates and times.

I never used the "pause" feature and this happened more than 50 percent of the time.

I now don't wear my fitbit and instead just use the app, so the problem no longer happens for me -- I tired of continuing to fight the problem and losing my data -- so I now take my fitbit OFF to walk, so the tracking will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't had any trouble since my last post earlier in April but today the issue has started again.  My map was lost after a 24 minute walk and the window came up saying that fitbit has stopped working.  This is so discouraging 😞

NOTE:  At no time was this workout paused. 

Best Answer
0 Votes