Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun record an activity as a "Bike"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I usually use the Android app's MobileRun feature when cycling to track my ride, selecting the Run mode, along with the starting the Bike activity on my Blaze (this is so that the Bike activity will invalid all the steps MobileRun thinks I took).  So at the end, I end up with 1 Run activity and 1 Bike activity.  I usually have to sync the Run activity to some other app where it can be converted to a Bike activity where it will show bike relevent information like speed.

But one day, the MobileRun recorded my activity as a Bike.  Here you can see the paired activity bracketed together, the one of the bracketed pair has 2 Bike activity, one with distance, which is from MobileRun.  I thought recording a activity as Biking was impossible.  Anyone know how this happened?

Capture.PNG

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @phatbitzr

Thanks for taking those pictures and explaining the situation.

This definitely sounds very odd since MobileRun cannot track biking, as you mentioned. What could've happened is that when the activities were being synced and uploaded to our servers, they were both classified as Bike because they happened at the same time. Probably a confusion in the server at the time of the activity being synced.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit, I don't think they sync'd up at the same time.  When I finish my ride, I end the MobileRun right away and let the tracker's activity keep going.  I would, as soon as I can, sync up the tracker with the app, so the MobileRun's recorded activity that's uploaded to fitbit would have the heartrate information, this way, when that activity is sync'd from fitbit to strava, it would be complete with HR data.  Maybe a few minutes later, I would stop my tracker's bike activity, then sync it with the app again so that activity goes onto the app and onto fitbit's site.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @phatbitzr.

I wasn't exactly saying that this happened because the synced at the same time, but because the activities were tracked and happened at the same time. It seems like it might have been a one time thing and I wouldn't expect it to happen again, having said that please do keep an eye on it and let me know if it does happen again.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer