Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack: Fitbit pedometer service is running notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MobileTrack notificationToday I'm seeing a new MobileTrack notification from the FitBit app.

I don't understand why their pedometer service would be running in the first place: My Fitbit charge 2 should already be connected, so they shouldn't need to use the pedometer service on my phone.

Anybody know what's going on?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
114 REPLIES 114

I have the same issue as well.  I can't get any support from FitBit which is frustrating.  I am tired of the notification constantly showing up on my phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was getting the same thing. What I did was to remove it off my phone was I pulled down my screen and where the notification for this I held it and a screen popped open and I unsynced it and now it's off my notification screen on my phone. Hope this helps 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Aww thanks for the reply.I had to have a new one in the end as I had used it swimming and it obvs didn't like it.It went completely blank.
ThanksMuch appreciated xx

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just disabled it and now I wonder how I can bring it back?

Will it still count my steps while wearing the watch? 

Also can we please remove this notification.. my OCD is killing me

Best Answer

Hi @MissPossom you disabled Mobile Track by removing it from your account, or by adding your phone as a mobile tracker to a second fitbit account. 

To add Mobile Track back to your account, use the Add Device, Mobile Track should be the last option. 

How to get rid of this notification? Remove Mobile Track from your phone and this notification will disappear. 

Does Mobile Track count steps? Yes, even when wearing the tracker, this is the expected behasvior. However Fitbit ignores this data for minutes when the tracker is being worn. 

Best Answer

In your last sentence, you indicate duplicate steps are ignored.  This is incorrect. Fitbit support confirmed (case # 8480620) that when Mobile track is running while a Fitbit device is connected, step counts and distance can be duplicated. They instructed that Mobile track should only be turned on when a device is NOT connected. Hope this helps.

Larry

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, never seen duplicate steps. Even when on a 3 mike walk. 

Also if the user has two fitbit models connected. While wearing both, fitbit will not duplicate steps. 

I have no access to Case #'s but have had Mobile Track connected for many years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to hear you haven't had any issues with MobileTrack. I have. Just
wanted others to be aware of potential problems, and FitBit
Support's advice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you re-reconnect after you unpaired it?

Mary Austin
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, and somehow everything is back to normal. Except now my Fitbit Sense
is indicating it's not paired with my Pixel 4a. Although everything is
being recorded, like my exercise and sleep. So I'm ignoring it. Thanks for
your help!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try Uninstalling it then re-installing it.
Mary Austin
Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay, I'll give that a try. Hopefully I will be able to keep my data. Thank
you!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Why am I receiving this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Receiving what @Quilting101 

@MaxNana if you removed the tracker from the I ones Bluetooth, the app will ask for permission to reconnect. 

If you removed the tracker from your fitbit account, you will need to set it up. A user can not connect a tracker to the phone. 

If you want to get rid of this notification of Mobile Track is running. 

Simply unpair Mobile Track and restart the phone. 

Screenshot_20211003-135136_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit is working fine. Why am I receiving this email?
Best Answer

Your welcome 

Mary Austin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here, @Quilting101.

You're receiving emails about this post because you're subscribed to it. To stop receiving notifications from this post, please follow the instructions from this help article.

See you around.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

Yes it was, I would like to know why starting in 2018 that this problem hasn't been taken seriously by Fitbit. I'd also like to know what steps Fitbit has completed over the last 4 years.

Mary Austin
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm fine with the post 😊 

Mary Austin
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Quilting101 here is a screen shot. 

Screenshot_20211003-145711_Chrome.jpg

@MaxNana do you have Mobile Track connected to your Fitbit Account? 

Best Answer