Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack: Fitbit pedometer service is running notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MobileTrack notificationToday I'm seeing a new MobileTrack notification from the FitBit app.

I don't understand why their pedometer service would be running in the first place: My Fitbit charge 2 should already be connected, so they shouldn't need to use the pedometer service on my phone.

Anybody know what's going on?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
114 REPLIES 114
No, I haven't .  I will look at your recommendations. Thx 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for your quick reply. Please definitely do.

I am positive that you will find the solution that you need in this thread. 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit on of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users, perhaps something will pique your interest.

Let me know if there are any other questions on the matter or if I can help with anything else.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know if this is related, but I took a really long walk yesterday and realized when I was done that I had forgotten to put on my Fitbit.  It was still on the charger. I was going to do a manual update and noticed my steps were recorded. I had noticed the Fitbit pedometer notification as well, and didn't know what it was for but I think it took over when I didn't have my fitbit. I was very happy to see the steps recorded!! 🙂

Best Answer

Same here. Pixel2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I disabled the sync service in my andriod notifications settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

also have that message that will not go away when I press ok. I rebooted my phone and when it came back online my battery went from 99% to 63%. I unpaired it and tried to sync it up again and it wouldn't track my steps on my phone. hopefully this will get fixed soon? I might have to uninstall the app and find a different one, or get a different watch entirely.

Best Answer

that's a little scary.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update seems to have paired mobile track to the Fitbit automatically. I was having the same problems as everyone else. Wouldn't go away, draining battery, just okay or unpair. Looked under my picture in   it the app - it is a separate pairing. I unpaired and my Fitbit is still sinking with my phone. Hope this helps the rest of you. I have a pixel 3 and charge 3 Fitbit.

Best Answer

Is this using too much battery.  Fitbit ises 23% of my battery usage and y do i need this

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same my cellphone not know what happen maybe not sure a divce your cellphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is exactly what I have done and the notification hasn't reappeared. So far anyway.

Oneplus6, Android 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you - that solved it for me - was able to unpair the mobiletrack option and it stopped being on 100% of the time 😃

Best Answer

I had this problem also. So far all I had to do is click on the other choice. Not ok. It has gone away for me, so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I clicked on the unpair, and it went away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue in 2020! After an update. I have long pressed it on Android pixel c. There is an app @#$  with funny asterisks after it. I've also turned that off?? Cross fingers this works

Best Answer

If you want to turn mobile services off, simply remove the mobile track.

Screenshot_20200823-190612_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears to be a feature that is only required if you happen to leave your Fitbit at home. Simply unpair

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this info.  I clicked on the notification and then a screen came up, it doesn't show the unpairing unless you scroll on that page, worked perfectly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try what I did.  when you see the notification tap it to get another screen scroll down on the screen and you should see unpair.  Click that and it just unpairs the mobile track

Best Answer
0 Votes