Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack: Fitbit pedometer service is running notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MobileTrack notificationToday I'm seeing a new MobileTrack notification from the FitBit app.

I don't understand why their pedometer service would be running in the first place: My Fitbit charge 2 should already be connected, so they shouldn't need to use the pedometer service on my phone.

Anybody know what's going on?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
114 REPLIES 114

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for sharing that screenshot, your feedback and experience on the matter. 

In this case it is related to Android as @zola.vin mentioned. What you can do is do as @harr2969 did and tap and hold the notification. It should give you an option to turn it off and that will be it.

Hope this helps out! Let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Being that my fitbit already keeps track of steps for me I'd rather not wear down the battery on my phone doing something my fitbit device already does.  I'd like to turn off the feature rather than just hide the notification.  How can I disable the feature?

Best Answer

@ClimbGuy wrote:

Being that my fitbit already keeps track of steps for me I'd rather not wear down the battery on my phone doing something my fitbit device already does.  I'd like to turn off the feature rather than just hide the notification.  How can I disable the feature?

By reading the thread before you ask the question (see my last post).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for sharing that screenshot, your feedback and experience on the matter. 

In this case it is related to Android as @zola.vin mentioned. What you can do is do as @harr2969 did and tap and hold the notification. It should give you an option to turn it off and that will be it.

Hope this helps out! Let me know if there are any other questions.

Just to be clear this disables the notification not the feature. See my last post to disable the feature.

Best Answer

I want to fix the issue, not just hide the notification. I also tried the hiding and it keeps coming back. 

Pixel, Android 9 

Best Answer

Same issue since updating. I press and hold the notification, but it is still stickied in my notifications even when I instructed it to minimize. The app also always has the little dot in the corner of the icon to indicate it's running. 

TBH I have seen this with Spotify as well since my update but the Spotify notification responded to my instruction to stop notifications; the Fitbit app has not. 

Keeping an eye on the thread to see if there is a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to resolve this issue by entering into the Fitbit App.  Tapping the "contact card looking icon in the top right".  Under Devices along with my Fitbit Flex was a device called "Mobile Track".  I unpaired the the Mobile Track and the annoying lingering notification referred to in this forum post went away.

Best Answer
But i do want them to pair, dont I?
Best Answer
MobileTrack as I understand it - allows you to use the fitbit app without a
Fitbit device (using your phones pedometer features instead). If you have
a fitbit device then it's already counting your steps, etc - there is no
need (in my eyes) to have your phone also doing it. You can always try it
and put it back if you have bad results. Hopefully Fitbit will respond and
confirm my take on the MobileTrack.
Best Answer

Hello everyone!

I'd like to mention that @ClimbGuy is on point in this case. Please do follow the process he detailed in this post. That will help you remove MobileTrack from your account and that should take the notification off. 

@ClimbGuy Thanks for sharing what you did and your take on what the feature is.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Something is killing my battery  I think it's that pedometer notification  thingy .. does anyone else have same trouble with their's  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Deebro.

Thanks for bringing this up. 

In this case I'd like to recommend that you follow the steps listed in this post. That should help with the notifications.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer

I can confirm the solution of disabling "Mobile Track" offered by @ClimbGuy does in fact work! Really thought I was going to have to disable ALL notifications again, like when Fitbit has pulled this persistent notification crap in the past.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for taking the time to let everyone know that removing MobileTrack did work.

Be sure to vote for that post and also accept it as a solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution: button that shows below that post. That will help other users that are experiencing a similar situation find the answer they need.

Feel free to reach out if there are any further questions.

Best Answer

also accept it as a solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution: button that shows below that post

uhhh, say what? does that button show up on your screen? 

@LanuzaFitbit I appreciate you for being here and offering an "official" voice regarding this issue; but you guys at Fitbit .. oh man! this is my 3rd fitness tracking device, and I must say, "YOU GUYS WORK!! thank you", but why, why, why do you keep trying to force these "features" down our throats?? just track my steps, THAT'S IT!!

Best Answer

It does not help. The notification is still there when you pull down the notifications bar (though no icon in the bar itself). I just want the thing to go away, period.

Best Answer

I tried what is listed in the post.  It has not made this issue stop.  I still have the MobileTrack "Fitbit pedometer serivce is running message. How do I make it stop.????????

Best Answer

Welcome to the  Forums @SLEM.

Thanks for trying what has been recommended in here.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try to uninstall the Fitbit app and then reinstall it. Since you have removed MobileTrack then reinstalling the app will cause the notification to not show up.

Please keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also get the same message .  Pedometer app is running

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for letting us know that you are experiencing the situation.

Did you get the chance to try everything that I have recommended through the thread? Those steps should get everything working and the notifications gone.

Please let me know if you have already tried them or if there are any other questions.

Best Answer