Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack: Fitbit pedometer service is running notification

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MobileTrack notificationToday I'm seeing a new MobileTrack notification from the FitBit app.

I don't understand why their pedometer service would be running in the first place: My Fitbit charge 2 should already be connected, so they shouldn't need to use the pedometer service on my phone.

Anybody know what's going on?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
114 REPLIES 114

I am.suddenly having this issue after 2 years, but can't locate MobileTrack anywhere to disable it. It is not locates when I click my user icon in the app, or anywhere else. Help!

Best Answer

Hi! I just started getting this problem (pedometer notifications all the time), but didn't see "Mobile Track" in my app at all.

I found it by going to the account settings and clicking on "+ Set up a device" option and clicking on the Mobile Tracker option. After setting it up, I was then able to "unpair" it.

Not sure why Mobile Tracker was running when I'd never set it up... nevertheless, I think this will fix it. Hope that helps!

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220718-211609.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just started again on my phone, a week after my solution above fixed it.  Oh well.

I went through the process of unpairing the Mobile Tracker, but I still get these notifications every few minutes.  Not sure why the service would be running if I explicitly told it not to run!  Notably, I'm running Android 9, which I guess is no longer compatible.  Getting pretty tired of Fitbit's poor Android implementation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. 

I've updated my app.

I've checked my permissions. 

DavideFitbit_0-1666896061251.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too after I reinstalled the Fitbit app because I couldn't get my charge 4 to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I purchased a Fitbit Sense and do not have that that problem anymore.
Mary Austin
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not really a problem, and has nothing to do with the Fitbit model. 

In the fitbit app you will find an option to use the fitbit app to count your steps. The phone needs to be on the waist, in the pocket  or hand. 

If this opt in is enabled, the pedometer service will be running. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Opt-in is disabled and I still get the notification. I have unpaired. I cleared data and cache. I reinstalled. But I get the notification even when MobileTrack is not set up. I set up MobileTrack JUST TO UNPAIR IT, and I STILL get the notification!

The notification slows down my phone when I am doing other things (playing games, etc.). More importantly, I want confirmation that Fitbit is not tracking my phone if I've explicitly turned that feature off. IT IS A PRIVACY PROBLEM and I don't appreciate you gaslighting us in this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a question support might have to answer, or go into your phone settinge and check how often fitbit is tracking your location. 

However, this feature only tracks steps, not location. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Sense so I don't have this problem anymore
Mary Austin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Where in the fitbit app is this option? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@veritas27 are you asking about, how to add Mobile Trac? If so tap Add Device under settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Getting the same here! Do you know how to desactive the pedometer? I dont even have a fitbit anymore, the app is only for my aria so it is very disturbing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@itzelcruz Nice to see you again on the forums. To deactivate MobileTrack, go to the app and tap on your profile picture. The devices set up will be listed there. You should be able to see MobileTrack and your Aria scale. Tap on MobileTrack. There you will see a trash icon on the righ top corner. Tap on it and confirm. You can also press and hold the notification shown on your device and deactivate them. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes