Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack keeps showing the message "Fitbit pedometer service is running notification"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I receive a notification saying that mobile track can track with steps if don't allow notifications. I have all notifications turned on - what can be done? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Dear @MarreFitbit ,

Not sure where you got your information.

1) you can definitely have Mobile Track along a Fitbit devices. See screenshot

Screenshot_20210408-225232.png

 2) on Android you can have the notification to be hidden. Long press on the notification and hide the Sync service option. App will stay in foreground but the notification would disappear.

Screenshot_20210408-225748.png

@DeMiguel i hope the above can help you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @DeMiguel,

I have all my notifications turned on and I can set up Mobile Track without getting that message.  I'm on Android, are you on Apple?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @DeMiguel. Welcome to the forums. @DramaQueenDiva Thanks for trying to help! 

To better assist you, I'd like to confirm if the message you're receiving is "Fitbit pedometer service is running notification"? If so, please know this notification will go away if you remove MobileTrack from your Fitbit account. 

In addition, please note since you're an Android user you can't use MobileTrack in addition to a Fitbit device. For more information about MobileTrack, see How do I use Fitbit MobileTrack?

As it seems that you've MobileTrack linked to your Fitbit account you'll need to remove it in order to set up the Fitbit device and get back on track. For instructions, see How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

I've moved your post to Android App for organization purposes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @MarreFitbit ,

Not sure where you got your information.

1) you can definitely have Mobile Track along a Fitbit devices. See screenshot

Screenshot_20210408-225232.png

 2) on Android you can have the notification to be hidden. Long press on the notification and hide the Sync service option. App will stay in foreground but the notification would disappear.

Screenshot_20210408-225748.png

@DeMiguel i hope the above can help you.

Best Answer

When I go to my account I haven't got "mobile tracker" option to turn off but I keep getting an annoying notification saying the pedometer is running. I haven't got a sync option either. I use android.

Best Answer

When I go to my account I haven't got "mobile tracker" option to turn off but I keep getting an annoying notification saying the pedometer is running. I haven't got a sync service option either. I use android.

Best Answer

I haven't got the option either, but keep getting the annoying message popping up on my android phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did this notification disappear?

Best Answer
0 Votes