Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileTrack not available for Samsung Galaxy S7 ?!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey there.
While I'm waiting for my Inspire HR to arrive, I thought of setting up MobileTrack so that it would use my phone to track steps, etc.

When I first went into settings I was getting a "linked to another device" message. I clicked on the 3 dots and I unpaired that "another device". Mind you I have never linked my S7 or another device to MobileTrack in the past. I don't even have another device.

After that, when I tap on "Set up a device" I'm getting a list of the Fitibit trackers but I'm not getting the "No fitbit yet" or "Mobile Track - Try the basics" message.
So, I'm not able to register my S7 as a device for the MobileTrack to pair and work with it.

I have the latest 3.6 version of the Fitbit app.
I have tried force stopping the app, deleting the cache, deleting the data, uninstalling, rebooting my phone, re-installing the app again with no results.
I have also given all phone permissions to my S7 (including Location). I have enabled the option for the app to run in the background, even while Data saver is on.
If I go to the main screen of the app and start tracking an exercise, the app sees my phone's GPS, without issues and it even shows a map. This means that the app can see my hardware without issues.
My Galaxy S7 *is* on the list of the compatible devices. 

So isn't MobileTrack supposed to work on my S7 and track daily steps and everything (without even me starting to track an exercise) ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

OK, I have now read an older similar post / request and I have just realized that MobileTrack is NOT compatible with my S7 (and S7 edge). I can only use MobileRun. 

https://www.fitbit.com/devices#galaxy_s7

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/How-to-enable-MobileTrack-with-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-edge/td...

Very disappointed !

Best Answer
0 Votes