Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto Z3 compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, I have had my Fitbit for a couple of months now. I recently had to change phones, just a couple of days ago. I let them talk me into the Moto Z3. I had no idea that Fitbit could not pair with that and I am disheartened to search other forums on here, only to find that this problem has been going on for 2 years with Moto Z phones. And still no fix? I'm extremely displeased to that, I cannot use my app to pair my Fitbit and get my stats on my phone.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I'm really sorry but you should of checked the phone compatibility list

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

I'm sure it will get added at some point. But it takes time to test and new phones come out almost daily

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SuzY6465, it's great to see you here and @WendyB thanks for the input.

I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your post from the Charge 3 board to the Android app board, since I think that here you will be able to find more topics about the Fitbit app.

About your phone's compatibility, Fitbit is compatible with more than 200 of the most popular Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices.

The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found here. If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models.

A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

See you later. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me. I was talked into getting Moto Z3 phone because my Samsung died. The only way to sync the Fitbit charge 3 with the app is to use another device, such as, your laptop with the dongle, or an iPad. This sucks because I can't carry either around at work. No personal electronic devices are allowed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me. I was talked into getting Moto Z3 phone because my Samsung died. The only way to sync the Fitbit Charge 3 with the app is to use another device, such as, your laptop with the dongle, or an iPad. No personal electronic devices are allowed at work so syncs happen at night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my moto Z3 worked fine with my fitbit until this past Sunday. Suddenly it won't sync anymore. basically I got a month of use with the app.

Best Answer

Same issue here. It's just burning battery and it used to work before update. What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit sucks it sells device without any manual display that product is supportable at limited hand sets..

We need to buy mobile based on its comparability rather than use or choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had been syncing Zip to my Moto Z3 until I got a system update on April 3rd. Now when I try to pair I get a message that "Paring rejected by Zip". This is very frustrating.

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing. Now heart rate won't track at all and exercise tracks in one place but not the other. I'm a heart patient this is a big deal to me.

Also #days exercised is not accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very frustrating. My Fitbit zip also stopped synching around 2 weeks when I allowed my Moto z3 software to be updated.  It worked fine before then.  I keep on getting the message "pairing rejected by Fitbit zip".

Is there anyway to fix this?

Best Answer
  • Very frustrating. My Fitbit zip also stopped synching around 2 weeks when I allowed my Moto z3 software to be updated.  It worked fine before then.  I keep on getting the message "pairing rejected by Fitbit zip".

Is there anyway to fix this?

Best Answer
Not to my knowledge.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Z3 worked fine with my Zip for as long as I have had it.  About a year so far.  It just stopped working with the Android 9.0 (Pie) was updated on my phone.  There is currently a post on this on the fit bit page with over 100 pages of replies since August 2018.  Android 9.0 and Fitbit appears to not be working across multiple Fitbit devices.  No fix from Fitbit.  This is not a Motorola problem.  It is a Fitbit problem that their app in not working on the Android 9.0 platform.  As more and more Androids upgrade to 9.0, the number of disconnected Fitbit users will increase.

Best Answer
Oh great. Thx for your post!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem too. I have the Fitbit Zip and Moto Z3. Tried pairing my Fitbit Zip to Bluetooth it's not working. Got the sign saying pairing rejected by zip. Not sure what happened. It works on my laptop, have the app on the laptop and can sync it but phone won't. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Moto Z2 Force and was able to make it work. After pairing the phone with other devices, I sometimes had to rest my phone blue tooth adapter to make a good connection to the FitBit. But it would work eventually (with some quirks in notifications, but those aren't important for me). Until the 3.1 app update. Then sync would only start, and then end in error. None of the resets worked any more. Finally I tried a factory reset. That was a mistake, because after initially recognizing the Ionic, the firmware update failed and now the Ionic is completely dead (no screen, no response to buttons).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Check if the FitBit app was updated to 3.1 on your phone right when you started having problems. The other threads have many, many complaints. I had the same issue and finally tried a factory reset, but the firmware update failed and now the Ionic is dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is a Z4 with Android 9.0 and I can't get my new Inspire HR to work with the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any luck? My mom has a Z4 and a versa. Her old versa was receiving notifications like calls and text but wouldn't hold much of a charge. She got a new one and can't get text or call notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes