Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music control not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have Fitbit Versa and after recent firmware update, music control started to act weird.

Every time i connect my phone to watch under watch setting>Bluetooth>restore music control, it turns off automatically. Even if i try to keep this setting as Pair/on, after some time it turns off. Because of this music control is not working. I can't change songs or change volume level. Is this because of firmware update?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

I suppose I am the latest one writing on this issue.

Strange to see that even after this issue has been reported from so many users, still no official reply from the fitbit team.

Waiting for the solution !!

Best Answer

Bump.  Brand new Fitbit.  I'm going to return this if a fix isn't announced soon.  Paid too much for something to be this utterly broken.

Best Answer

Versa (Classic) Bluetooth for Music Control will not pair/stay connected unless in pairing mode since the last firmware update 68 . 9.15 and pairing mode eventually turns off causing Versa (Classic) Bluetooth to disconnect. I have tested this error/bug on two devices, the Oneplus 5 and Oneplus 7pro. Battery optimization is turned off for Fitbit which helps general syncing and notifications, but not music and volume control with the Versa (Classic) Bluetooth connection. When is a bug fix being released? No issues prior latest firmware update. From what I've seen online this is happening on multiple fitbit devices

Best Answer

This post is the best explanation i have seen about this issue.  I Contacted customer service about this issue and they acted as if I was an isolated incident and tried to walk me thru the trouble shooting techniques that i already completed multiple times. I still have yet to see acceptance by Fitbit that this is a tru issue and I am not sure that they are even working on a fix.  Thank you EarlXin

Best Answer

I also have this issue. My fiance and I both got new versa 2s about 2 weeks ago. I have a samsung galaxy s8, and he has an s10. The same thing happened with both of our phones! Sometimes the devices even say they are connected, but no music controls even appear, even after connecting to versa (classic). Brand new, right out of the box. The only thing that fixes it is a reset or restart on both devices, but it only works temporarily. I can't be doing that before every workout. This is not an isolated problem. I contacted customer service and they said it was a rare issue, and they would get back to me through email. They clearly don't care. I don't want to let my window of opportunity to return these devices pass before this issue is resolved, so bye bye versas. Shame on you, fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm happy to report this issue has been resolved in the latest Fitbit OS 4.1 on my Versa 1 using a Google Pixel 3 phone. Versa firmware: 32.70.7.14.

Overall, the watch seems faster and they added a couple of new features including the ability to change your watch face on the watch and an agenda app.

Best Answer

I concur that this has now been fixed on my Versa 1 / Pixel 3.  

Best Answer

I Also Concur.  I Have been testing it since I upgraded this morning and so far it works just as good and it did prior to the update. It seems to be fixed. Note 9 version 32.70.7.14 .   Fitbit this obviously has been in the works for a little while would it had killed you to tell your Tech support that a fix is coming and that your organization knows about the issue.   

Best Answer

I agree Rivera, they need to have a "Known Issues" section with a targeted fix date for each bug.  Even TBD would be fine, as it would be some kind of acknowledgement of an issue.

The "Known Issues" link on this forum just goes to a Tips/howto section, not actual bugs.

Best Answer

Wonderful! I agree, this issue is fixed on my watch with the latest update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a Fitbit versa 2 today with firmware 35.70.714. In the Bluetooth settings in the watch, after switching Bluetooth music control to pair, the setting goes back to off automatically. This is a major disadvantage as I have to keep reconnecting the phone. How is it that this problem persists till now?!

Best Answer
0 Votes