Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fitbit Flex syncing to someone else's device for no reason

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For some reason when I dont wear my fit bit flex for a while it hardly tracks, then it does track, it is always someone else's information: example; the steps... it is not my steps being tracked... I would like to figure out how I can get it so it is just my steps that are being tracked and that my fit bit doesnt sync to anyone else's decive... thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I'l glad to see you here for the first time in our Fitbit Community @auntie_erin12. Certainly something wrong is happening, although I would like to clarify your Flex or the mobile app is not capable to sync information from someone else. When you paired your tracker to your Fitbit Account, you created a bond between your devices that enable only your tracker's data is uploaded to your account.

I wonder if you could share more details of the issue? Are you seeing steps when you are not moving or wearing the tracker? This issue is only happening with your steps or with a different data?

In the meantime I would recommend to try with a restart to address this issue. To restart your tracker, review the following post from @DW50.

Hope this helps and don't forget to keep me posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The other day, I grabbed my fitbit flex and tapped it and it had all the dots (as in I had all my steps) when I know the night before i only went about 2,000 steps.. When I looked at my app on my samsung galaxy grand prime phone, it was saying i had a little over 17,000 steps, and there was no way i had done that many steps. My issue is, for some reason if i go somewhere my fitbit will connect or sync to someone else's and then i can never know how many steps i have actually taken. And I have also been noticing that sometimes when i check my app, nothing has tracked so I have to restart my phone and move around for a few minutes so it will start tracking, its a little frustrating. I do remember when i first got my flex connected to my phone, it wouldnt sync at all. I just wish it wouldnt sync to someone elses information or steps, so i can keep track of how many steps iv've taken. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @auntie_erin12, thank you for providing me more details, but as I mentioned before, you can rest assure the data is only coming from your tracker, as is not possible your app pick data from other tracker that is not paired to your account. I wonder if you try the restart I suggested before?

I believed this issue is more related to accuracy or the type of exercise you are doing. Factors such as tracker placement, dominant or non-dominant wrist, and stride length can all affect the number of steps recorded. To learn more about stride length you can review this post from @Collin1000.

You can also try the following: 

1. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
2. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count is correct.

You can also contact our Support Team for additional help, since they have more tools to review your device history with you.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Could you maybe coach me on how to restart my tracker? I am not sure how too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @auntie_erin12, I'm sorry I haven't posted anything recently. I wonder how it goes, were you able to contact our Support Team?

To restart your tracker is simple and in case  you still need help here is what you need to do.

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and insert it into the charging cable.
  3. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  4. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  5. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

Doing these steps you will be restarting your Flex.

See you around. For anything else you can find me here.

Best Answer
0 Votes