Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze can't set up.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chose the blaze from my company's anniversary gift options.  Plugged it in and started set up.   I received the 4 digit code,  it paired, but when it prompted me to update the software,  it told me my battery was too low to continue.   I chatted online with fitbit help.  I turned off all blue tooth, uninstalled the app on my note 5, let it charge for 3 hours via USB as guided by the agent.  Reinstalled the app on my phone, restarted my phone,  rebooted the tracker, same issue.   They said they'll send me a new tracker.  I waited 7 days for the new tracker to arrive.   Same exact issue.   I've tried using my computer (fitbit connect)  to try (even though I'm running the right os on my phone). I'm so frustrated.   All of the solutions I've read in this community don't work.   2 trackers.   Any idea? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Forums @acpituch. If you are having problems pairing your tracker, I recommend restarting your Blaze and after this process, please confirm you are doing these steps to paired your device from a computer:

1. Click the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer.
  2. Click Open Main Menu.
  3. Click Set Up A New Fitbit Device.
  4. Click Existing User and log in to your account.
  5. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you 🙂 I have done all of this multiple times. I even let the
replacement tracker charge 12 hours (11pm to 11am this morning) with the
bluetooth on my PC turned off, and the bluetooth on my phone turned off,
the device unpaired, and the app uninstalled while letting it charge
overnight. I've restarted the blaze, my phone, the computer, etc. Neither
the original tracker, nor the replacement will charge. I am struggling to
understand why, a device that requires a software update before setup in
order for it to charge properly, is sent to the consumer without enough
battery to execute the software update?
Best Answer