Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Device Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I recently purchased a tablet that is not yet on your list of compatible devices. Would it be possible to add it? The brand/model details are as follows:

Brand: Goldengulf
Model: Astar
Processor: QuadCore-A33
Android Version: 4.4.2
Firmware: V2.1
Please let me know if additional information is required and/or if this request is possible.

Thanks,

IJ

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ijohn2, the tablet itself may be new and unused, but the technology itself is very old and outdated. Android is now releasing OS version 8.0, and your tablet is still on OS version 4.x.   These tablets are widely sold on Amazon for  children to become acquainted with "computers". Most modern apps, including Fitbit, require a newer version of the Android OS than you have.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Android 4.4.2?  How old is your tablet?  I believe I've read you need at least Android 5.x, preferably 6.x or 7.x, to be able to run the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

The tablet is brand new. I received it about 4 weeks ago
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ijohn2, the tablet itself may be new and unused, but the technology itself is very old and outdated. Android is now releasing OS version 8.0, and your tablet is still on OS version 4.x.   These tablets are widely sold on Amazon for  children to become acquainted with "computers". Most modern apps, including Fitbit, require a newer version of the Android OS than you have.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the information. It was very helpful.
Best Answer
0 Votes