Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FitBit won't let me login during setup

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to setup a new FitBit One.

Downloaded and installed the software but when I click on "current user" and enter my email address and password, it just sits there.

I removed the software, rebooted and reinstalled to no avail.

It's the correct username and password combination because when I type it in (purposefully) wrong, it tells me that it's the wrong password.

I can't get past this screen. Thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

I'm having the same problem trying to set up my fitbit flex. Any answers would be awesome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue with a new One (logging in as current user, updating my Ultra).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@billcook wrote:

Trying to setup a new FitBit One.

Downloaded and installed the software but when I click on "current user" and enter my email address and password, it just sits there.

I removed the software, rebooted and reinstalled to no avail.

It's the correct username and password combination because when I type it in (purposefully) wrong, it tells me that it's the wrong password.

I can't get past this screen. Thoughts?

If you're setting up your One as a replacement device, you have to say so. Trying to set up your One as new device if there is already a device registered to your account won't work.

Smiley Happy  TW — Happy New Year!  Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is that you can't even get to the page to say if it is a replacement or not. It just doesn't let you log in at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

@killbob75 wrote:

The problem is that you can't even get to the page to say if it is a replacement or not. It just doesn't let you log in at all

And rightfully so if the previous step was not correctly selected. You cannot log in until you set up an account at fitbit.com. When you attempt to set up an account, the systems asks you if this is a replacement device (in which case you sign on to an existing account); of if this is a new device, in which case you have to set it up to a new account (if you have another Fitbit tracker, you can't have two trackers linked to the same account.)

Does this help at all or am I completely off in left field? Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah, I see what you mean. Thing is, I already have an account, so I'm trying to log in as an existing user.

I just reset the app on my android mobile, and it isn't letting me log in either.

Also, surely it would make more sense to be able to have, for example, a fitbit flex (or other wrist-mounted thing) as well as the android/ios app?

Best Answer

@killbob75 wrote:

Ah, I see what you mean. Thing is, I already have an account, so I'm trying to log in as an existing user.

I just reset the app on my android mobile, and it isn't letting me log in either.

Also, surely it would make more sense to be able to have, for example, a fitbit flex (or other wrist-mounted thing) as well as the android/ios app?

If you already have an account and you're trying to log in with your new tracker, it will NOT work unless you set it up as a replacement tracker for your existing tracker; or you set it up using a diffirent email address and password (account.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following the steps to replace a device -

I downloaded the software

Click on Existing User (log into your account to replace a device)

On the log in screen, entereed email and password (for my current fitbit account)

and then it hangs when you try to click the Log In button

So how do you set up the new tracker as a replacement for the current tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know the "correct" solution but I got around this by not using the Fitbit Connect app on my PC to set up the device. Instead, I set it up on my iPhone. When I did that, the iOS app said, "hey, you're using the phone as a tracker, do you want to replace that with your new One?" I said yes, and it let me set it up.

After that, I went back to my PC and was able to log right in on Fitbit Connect. However, it then said "you've already set up your One" so I was good to go.

So basically, as someone above said, if you've set up any device attached to your account with any tracker, you're going to be stuck. If that tracker is your phone, I suspect that the only way around this is to set up your new tracker (i.e., some Fitbit device) on your phone, not on your PC (or Mac).

Sorry I'm not more specific with the steps or the messages; I was just fiddling around. But it was very simple, so you'll figure it out.

I'm not sure this will be any help those that are replacing one actual piece of Fitbit hardware with another.

In any case, it's an extraordinarily poor design by Fitbit. No app should just hang as a way of preventing you from doing the wrong thing! Especially when it's not the wrong thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you - I was able to set it up using the iphone app as well. Hopefully fitbit fixes the PC issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about some customer relations using a live person.  sick of computer sites that take you no more. ready to return mine to store for refund. better improve your customer relations.  bgorden

Best Answer
0 Votes

@barbarag wrote:

How about some customer relations using a live person.  sick of computer sites that take you no more. ready to return mine to store for refund. better improve your customer relations.  bgorden

Hmmm!  Please click here: Support!

Smiley Happy  TW  Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same problem. rebooted my computer and I cant get nothing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold on guys, this is the Android forum, not the iOS, or computer forum. if your having problems logging in on the computer with the connect software please post here

For iOS then post here

For the Win 10 app, post here

With Android and maybe the others, this login in issue usually is when the so can not connect to the Fitbit server to verify the account. Many say that a phone restart has worked, or with the phone connection on both cellular and wifi 

Best Answer
0 Votes