Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fitbit won't pair with android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help needed...!

Bought fitbit charge 2 trying to pair devices come up 4 digit code on fitbit but won't pair with my android when I enter code in.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @Rickyplunkett, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. I noticed you are in need of help to pair your tracker.

I'm wondering if the app prompt any type of error after you enter the 4 digits code? Also what type of mobile device are you using? Is it listed as compatible?

To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices

Regardless of your device is compatible it would not hurt to try the following steps:

Make sure:

• Power Saving Mode is turned off on your device. This mode frequently causes the device to disable Bluetooth. 
  • (Version 6.0+ only) You have location services turned on and the Fitbit app has permission to access your location

Being said that proceed to do the following:

1. Turn your tracker off and back on using the instructions in this post.
  2. Try the setup process again. For more details this video will guide you through.
  3. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on).
  4. Try setting up your tracker again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Follow these easy instructions to learn how you can set up your Fitbit tracker using a smartphone. See more at www.fitbit.com/how-to
Best Answer
0 Votes

When pairing Samsung Galaxy S5 the app finds the device - and when entering the displayed 4 digit code it remains connecting for a long time before displaying Not working. one of the options is to reboot bluetooth.

Tried entering a wrong code - but it sias that this is wrong - entering the correct code get me into connecting  - and error.

Hver rebooted the fitbit charge  and the phone. Unistalled the app and reinstalled the app.

Still no success.

Update:

Also tried to pair with an I-phone:
After entering th 4-digit code the app says " connecting" for ages 

Also tried reboots.

Version diplayed after reboot of device 22.20.17 

How can I fix the problem?

Best Answer

Hi @AlfMartin I'm facing the same issue. Have you found any solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No - have tried to open a new case-

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-Charge-2-not-pairing/m-p/2147437#M56712

No workable solution is still provided.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AlfMartin and good to see you are here in the Fitbit Community @AlexTranquilao.

@AlfMartin please accept my apologies for not posting anything recently. I saw you opened a new post and my friend @LanuzaFitbit is giving you additional help.

In your case @AlexTranquilao, I'm wondering if you have tried any troubleshooting step so far. If you haven't, please give it a tr to my previous suggestion.

Let me know how things turn out.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue now too... I just got my fitbit out of my drawer and now it won't sync with my new phone. I've restarted my phone, fit bit, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, turned Bluetooth on/off. 

I have a Samsung A8 and it's not on the compatibility list... but it was working with my Samsung A5 so I'm confused. I'm so frustrated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My inspire is not completing it's setup, it is not giving me a code to connect to my inspire and it's not connecting to my phone's Bluetooth 

Best Answer

Did you ever get this resolved? 

After a few frustrating install and uninstall tries, I figured out that the settings on the actual watch was off.  The bluetooth had to be changed from off to pair while trying to pair with my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes