Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New surge not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received a replacement surge and it will not sync. I have tried restarting. Tried turning bluetooth on and off and restarted android Samsung s7 phone. Still nothing. There is no clock face showing either. I can only scroll between exercise types. I cannot see step tracker etc. Very frustrating. Any help appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hey @Kimport! Welcome to the Forums.

I'd like to help you get this situation resolved. Let's try the following:

1. Open the Bluetooth settings on your S7.
  2. Look for your previous Surge and delete it from the paired devices list.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and go into the Account tab.
  4. Tap on the 'Set Up a New Device' option and then follow the onscreen instructions.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and how it goes.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
HiI did all that but still no luck. The Fitbit app is up to date on my device, and the device supports it but nothing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Kimport!

Thanks for trying the steps I mentioned. Are you getting any error message right now? And is the Surge's display on? Please make sure that you have fully charged the tracker before you try to do the setup process.

Look forward to your reply. 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Thanks for your help. Yes display is on and the error message is 'sync error. please try again'. Fitbit has now been in touch and it seems that there is a hardware problem. Thank you anyway.
Best Answer

Hey @Kimport.

Glad to know that you have been contacted about it. It definitely seems like a hardware problem from what you've said. Please keep me posted on what resolution you're offered.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
As it is still under warranty, they have sent a replacement.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hey @Kimport.

Those are some good news. I'm sure your replacement will work correctly and that you'll be able to reach all of your goals.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!

Best Answer
0 Votes