Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Syncing with Android Phone but with Tablet

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone tell me why, for years, my Android phone won't sync until The Fitbit app on my Android tablet syncs first.  The app was on my tablet for a year or two before I had my phone.  Even Verizon sales people don't know why.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app on my phone without any luck. TIA

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @KATHY1518.

Thanks for sharing those details and listing that you have tried troubleshooting on your own and with people from Verizon.

It is entirely possible, based on what you are saying, that it is happening because your Fitbit has bonded to the tablet. When a Fitbit bonds with a device it is possible that it won't sync with any others. To sever that connection you need to follow these steps:

1. Go into the tablet's Bluetooth settings.
  2. There look for your Fitbit, and any other Fitbit devices.
  3. Remove all of them from the list if paired devices. 
  4. Restart your Fitbit, phone and tablet.
  5. Try getting the Fitbit syncing to your phone.

It will then start syncing. If it still won't, then run the set up on your phone as if you had a replacement Fitbit. 

Please keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @KATHY1518.

Thanks for sharing those details and listing that you have tried troubleshooting on your own and with people from Verizon.

It is entirely possible, based on what you are saying, that it is happening because your Fitbit has bonded to the tablet. When a Fitbit bonds with a device it is possible that it won't sync with any others. To sever that connection you need to follow these steps:

1. Go into the tablet's Bluetooth settings.
  2. There look for your Fitbit, and any other Fitbit devices.
  3. Remove all of them from the list if paired devices. 
  4. Restart your Fitbit, phone and tablet.
  5. Try getting the Fitbit syncing to your phone.

It will then start syncing. If it still won't, then run the set up on your phone as if you had a replacement Fitbit. 

Please keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe Because your phone update to android 9.0.

Look at the thread many people have problem synching with android 9.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will try the suggestions and hoping it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sylvie60524 and @KATHY1518.

@Sylvie60524 That is definitely an option on this case, thanks for sharing. @KATHY1518 Please do and keep us posted on how it goes.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about with other users. Maybe you can find some topic that piques your interest.

Keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is now syncing!  Thanks for the suggestion!

Best Answer

Hello @KATHY1518.

Thanks for letting me know that it did the trick. I'm glad to read that everything is working correctly.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users so maybe you will find something that piques your interest in there.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes