Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving Text and call notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Charge 2 not receiving text and call notifications. Recently stopped working. On the Fitbit app under settings, text messages and call notifications are no longer there. Is this new? If so why because that is one of the features that caused me to purchase a Fitbit 2 years ago!
Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Mine will not receive text and call notifications either. I have a charge 2 also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried long pressing on the button on the side?  This turns notifications on and off on the device itself.  A few others have posted about inadvertently turning notifications off on the device itself and not realizing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes several times
It does not help.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have done that. That is the first thing I did. It says notifications are on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Charge 2 at few days ago, and have not been able to set up or get call/text notifications on my band. There's no option under the notification tab in settings either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

Thanks for trying all of those steps before posting in here.

My recommendation in this case would be to try to follow all of the steps in this help article, in order, to get your notifications to work once again.

In the meantime I'd like to add further questions:

• What phone are you using?
  • What Android version are you running?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
I have a samsung galaxy s9+

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn't working either...super disappointing since I chose this tracker because of this ability.  

I have a Samsung A5 and it updated on Oct 1st.

I just bought the tracker less than 2 weeks ago and that feature hasn't worked since I bought it.

Notifications are turned on on the tracker.

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Samsung S7. My Charge 2 just started automatically working today without me doing anything. Like you, my settings on the Charge 2 had notifications on. I have no solutions, sorry. Maybe yours will start working automatically also.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It just had another update so we will see.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the S9+ since May of this year, and bought myself and my g/f each a charge 2. She has an iPhone7. Everything works well on hers, she gets txt messages, calls etx. I have yet got any messages. It will vibrate and show message across the screen, but does not show what was written. Today I checked to see if finally the S9+ was compatible yet. It was in the list. I uninstalled the fitbit app, redid a new add device and still get only the word messages. It is sad that fitbit cant fix this issue. You pay money for their product which is suppose to be good,  and you cant use it 100%. Now I see they have come out with the charge 3. Hey fitbit, fix your **ahem**ty problem with the charge 2 first, if not send all of us a 3 and I will send u my 2 back. DEAL.......this is really annoying. As you can see, I'm not the only one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing that information.

If you haven't, I'd recommend that you try following the steps in this help article. They should definitely help out in getting the notifications to work. If that doesn't work, please let me know.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Followed what you sent to do and still nothing. It's pretty bad when you pay money for something that doesnt work. Still cant read text on fitbit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tlj882000 are you saying you get a text alert with the sender's name only, but no actual message?  This is a setting.  I don't have it linked to my account anymore, but I believe it might be in the notifications area in the web app.  You can turn off receiving the actual message so that you only see the sender's name.  Sounds like your setting is turned off.  Or maybe you are using a different messaging app altogether that I'm not familiar with.  I had my Charge 2 setup using the default Samsung Messages.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit is now working. It stopped after an update but now is fine.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Hello @Nelsal@fegriffith, and @Tlj882000.

@Nelsal Thanks for letting us know that it is working correctly now!

@Tlj882000@fegriffith might be onto something. Let's try checking the settings and permissions of the Fitbit app and the messaging app and make sure that notifications settings for the phone are not playing a part in what is going on. Given that everything is working correctly, it could be something on the settings causing this to happen.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer

Fegriffith all I was getting was the word new message. I did not get any other message like name, txt etc. So if u have tried everything fitbit moderators have said about the fitbit settings, go to your phone and click in the messages icon( or which ever one your using, I use messages) in there go to upper right corner and hit the 3 dots then click settings. In there you should see notifications, click it then down at the bottom there should be more settings in app, click it. Then you will see preview message, make sure that is on. It also may be in your notifications if you dont have more settings in app. Once I turned this on, I get all my txt and calls with names and the message. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

I previously mentioned that my Charge 2 started working on its own. I did nothing.

Best Answer

Hello @Tlj882000 and @Armtam.

Thanks for taking the time to share those details with everyone @Tlj882000. I'm sure that other users will definitely find it useful.

@Armtam Thanks for sharing that with everyone!

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes