Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility issues with LG V30

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any one know if the LG V30 and Ionic will work together?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
90 REPLIES 90

@davidf100010, the LG V30 does not appear on the Compatible Devices list, so it may work partly but not support all functions.

Compatible Device.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit always slow with companies not named Samsung or Apple because they make up the majority of the market. 

Best Answer

For what it's worth my LG G6 has worked from launch, it's not listed as a compatible device. It also worked perfectly with my Blaze, in fact better then my Galaxy S6 which was a supported device. I would think the same would apply to the V30. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

It  looks like it works for my on my lgv30.

Best Answer

It synced for the first 12 hours I had my V30 and then stopped and haven't been able to get it to sync since.

Best Answer

Cannot get my fit bit to sync to my LG V30 help

Best Answer
I have an Alta. It works fine. I did have to load the app and synced it
with the computer first. I don't know if that is why it works or not.
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. When I first got the LG v30 it would sync my Fibit AltaHR. But all of a sudden 3 days ago, it no longer syncs.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I suggest contacting Fitbit. They are very helpful. With my older phone
mine would stop and I would have to do a hard reset of the Fitbit. I did
not lose my data history. I had to do it 3 or 4x over 3years. I haven't
seen this problem with the v30 yet. Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Think this is what I'm going to have to do. I've done a reset of my fit bit twice and it still won't sync.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an ionic and it works with my V30. The only thing that doesn't work it Fitbit Wallet, which sucks because that is one of the main reasons that I bought it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing! It was working, connecting and receiving notifications. Now it doesn't  😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's weird, I hope they fix this issue soon. I realize it just sync when its ready, but not often at all. So I've been using my iPad to sync. But I am not receiving text notifications at all. 😢

Jazmin Walker
Best Answer

I have the ionic and v30 and the wallet is working.  What kind of error are you getting when activating a card? I'm in the US.

Ionic with S9plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't sync at all with the LG V20, so I would doubt it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Frustrating for sure - but even the iPhone 8 is still not on the compatible device list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just upgraded my phone from the LG v20 to the LG v30 and was able to receive all notifications to the v20.  I switched over to the v30 and the phone and app were syncing. Then suddenly they didn't sync whatsoever. I system restarted my Ionic and now I can not get it to sync with my phone and/or my MacBook Pro. SO I cant even track my steps because my ionic is stuck on www.fitbit.com/setup. I don't even mind that it wont sync to my Fitbit app but how can I get my watch going again so I can at least track my steps and heart rate?!?!!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Versa and found out too late that apparently FitBit devices aren't compatible with this flagship phone so the setup will not work with my new watch.  However, my Charge 2 and Blaze have worked with this phone for months, no problem.  It is an awesome phone and I am not sure why Fitbit has not yet made it compatible.  It's a shame and I have seen a lot of requests on the forums to make them compatible, but apparently to no avail.  I suggest FitBit make this a compatible phone because you will lose many customers if you don't.  I will be, with disappointment, sending my Versa back unless FitBit decides to do this.

Best Answer