Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility issues with LG V30

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any one know if the LG V30 and Ionic will work together?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
90 REPLIES 90
Hi I havent setup the music function. But I did take my fitbit from my account, completely deleted it. Then I started again setting up my fitbit versa on my LG phone. So I did the whole setup again and now everything works. Getting my messages again Can see realtime heartrate and steps.
I previously had an I phone and it was setup on that so when I got my LG I just went on with my fitbit account bit it didnt want to work till I deleted all and started setup again. Oh and also clear all paired bluetooth devices and pair the fitbit you can later add other devices again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so very much. Finger crossed it works!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know. Im really happy that it works again
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not able to get the music control 😔. Thank you for the suggestion!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

As mentioned before, the LG V30 is not in the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

Keep in mind that while the app can work as long as the phone meets the minimum requirements, Android 4.4+ and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that some issues will happen. Some users of phones not on that list have mentioned that going through these troubleshooting steps helped them, so it's definitely worth a try. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
It worked for me. Thank you so much. Love my versa and LG V30
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I appreciate the often repeated statement that the Ionic is not
compatible with the LG V30. However, my Ionic also does not sync with:

LG v20, Google Pixel 2 XL, Galaxy S7, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S5

Using the single, it doesn't sync with Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.

So it appears that it's the device that is the issue and so many are having
the issue...

Jo Poplawski
Best Answer

Hello @sleepyfatguy and @Sarita1.

@Sarita1 Glad to read that it did work out for you.

@sleepyfatguy Thanks for letting us know. Some of those devices are not part of the list either, but having it happen with all of them does sound frustrating and worrisome.

Did you try to follow all of the steps that have been shared? They should help in getting your Fitbit to sync with your devices. I'd say that we try to focus on the Galaxy S7 and try to get it to work with that, or the Windows 10 device. The thing I'd like to recommend is that you go into the Bluetooth settings for all of those devices and look for your Ionic showing on that list. Remove the Ionic from the paired Bluetooth devices and then try to sync with one of the devices that is on the list.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help out with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So the trick with this is to not have any other Bluetooth device connected. Make sure your Fitbit and phone are paired with Bluetooth classic, and then make sure to bring up music (play and then pause if you want).

Next go to your music control, and then quickly switch to watch, back to phone, and then hit the back button.

Music controls will then connect. You will have full control of your music, but YOUR FITBIT SCREEN WILL NOT CHANGE. Control will work but it'll look the same as when you launched the first song (play pause won't change either but it will play pause)

Once that's done, you can connect Bluetooth headphones.

You CANNOT back out of the music controller or it will lose controls and you'll have to disconnect your other Bluetooth device and start again.https://youtu.be/zLMIBddm_Jo

Best Answer
Thank you so very much I will try that
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked when i first got it but it doesnt now 😡. It is very frustrating because there are no newer phones on the Fitbit compatible list.

Best Answer
It is very frustrating because we paid good money for our devices and were
basically ripped off because FitBit is doing nothing to fix it or resolve
the issue.

Jo Pop
Best Answer
I agree 100%. They keep saying it's a flaw with the handsets but I believe
it's a flaw with the fitbit device not being able to keep up with all
devices
Best Answer
I've had the the same issue with the LG V30, V20, Google Pixel 2 XL, Galaxy
Note 4, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S5, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.

Fitbit has no interest in fixing things. They just suggest either us buying
a new phone or buying a new Fitbit.
Best Answer
Yes I am missed and you are right there is a lot of money out with the phone and fitbit
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
I totally agree! Fitbit needs to get up to date!
Best Answer
Well good luck getting a "new" phone that will be compatible.......none of them are on Fitbit list
Best Answer
I'm hoping with our post that they finally see the need to upgrade their
compatibility!
Best Answer
Oh I hope they do too!!
Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and needs with us.

Please do know that our team is aware of the requests to further expand the list. As soon as we have anything to announce on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know about it! 

Let me know if there is anything I can help you all with.

Best Answer
0 Votes