Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility issues with LG V30

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any one know if the LG V30 and Ionic will work together?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
90 REPLIES 90
Much appreciated 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, there is something else you can help with. I would like to return the
Ionic that my wife bought my last fall because it still does not work
properly nor does it sync with any device or computer that I've tried to
sync it with.

Please let me know how we can make that happen. It was ordered directly
from Fitbit.

Jo
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sanjenna and @sleepyfatguy.

@Sanjenna You're welcome.

@sleepyfatguy I'd like to take a closer look at your situation. If you haven't, maybe you could follow these troubleshooting steps to get your Fitbit to sync with any of the devices. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @LanuzaFitbit,

Thanks for reaching out.

I have been through the various troubleshooting steps multiple times on my
own and with technical support.

I tried syncing the Ionic with my primary phone, the LG V30, my previous
primary phone, the LG V20, then also with a Google Pixel 2 XL, Galaxy Note
4, Galaxy S8 and a Galaxy S5. I've tried using the Fitbit dongle with
Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Sometimes I *might* get a sync once or
twice, but then nothing happens. Then I'm forced to reset everything,
losing data along the way.

I've been told by technical support to "get a new phone". But as you can
see from the list I provided, I've tried it with a wide variety of devices
in the last year, all having been flagship or flagship quality phones.

I never had an issue with my FitBit charge which I unfortunately gave away
once I received the Ionic.

I really want to have a functioning Fitbit device. I don't like that the
only answer I have received was to get a new phone and now I've been told
it's "too late to return".

So anything you can do to help get this resolved would be fantastic.

Thanks for any help you can give. I hope to hear from you soon.

Jo
Best Answer
Yes it is very sad on Fitbit's part! I am very upset cuz i was told the same thing by them.....to get a new phone! But none of the new phones that are offered are on the Fitbit compatible list. You would think that Fitbit would have their stuff together and update their phone list. Now i am stuck with a $250.00 watch that dont do anything for me
Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer

Hello @Colemire and @sleepyfatguy.

@Colemire Thanks for sharing your feedback. As I mentioned above, you could use a separate device, such as a computer, to get everything to sync correctly.

@sleepyfatguy Thanks for sharing all of that with me and for troubleshooting your Ionic like that. Do you have access to all of the phones that you mentioned? There is something that I'd like for you to try. If you do have access to them please try to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on those devices.
  2. Look for your Ionic, on all of them, and remove it. Also remove any other Fitbit devices that you might've had (like the Charge you mentioned).
  3. After doing that, choose one of the devices that shows up on the list.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and run the setup process as if it was a brand new device.

Keep me posted on how it goes. 

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I dont have a computer! And it won't sync to either one of my tablets
Best Answer

Hello @Colemire.

Thanks for trying to sync with your tablets and letting us know that it didn't work. 

Have you tried following these troubleshooting steps? Some users with unsupported devices have mentioned that they work, it's certainly worth a shot.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried the trouble shooting, us I have call Fitbit many times concerning this issue. I have been hung up on and talked to like a dog! This is Why i am so upset. I dont understand why Fitbit hasnt updated their software to all the new phones and tablets that are out? If you go to get a new phone, none of the phones on Fitbit's list are available. The Fitbit list is outdated by 2 or more years!
Best Answer

That's difficult to believe since your tech support says they're not actively updating the compatibility list.

Best Answer

Hello @Colemire and @InviscidFox.

@Colemire I'm very sorry to read that you have been treated like that when you have called. 

I definitely understand your frustration but I can assure you that our team is always looking to expand the list and that devices have been added recently. 

In the meantime maybe you could use a different device or a computer to get your Fitbit to sync. While it is not a solution it is definitely a workaround to get the data to sync to your account. 

Feel free to reach out if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@LanuzaFitbit

You interacting with us is appreciated. But telling people to use a
different computer or device is getting old. I don't know how many
different devices or computers I have left to try.

I've previously listed the devices and computers I have tried with no
success. I completely forgot about the tablets I tried as well.

Many of those devices are or have been flagship devices.

So being told, often quite rudely as you can see from the reactions here,
to "get a new" device, or to try a different device is crazy.

My wife bought me the Ionic because she wanted me to have an upgrade for
the Charge HR which worked fantastic with all my devices.

She spent a LOT of money for it and it doesn't work. I've done everything
that I've been told to do, have tried it on so many devices and computers
that the problem is definitely on FitBit's end.

We trusted Fitbit, now we are told we can't return or exchange the device
because it's past the return period. So I have a device that doesn't work
and I'm told the solution is to buy a different phone that may or may not
be on the list of compatible devices that is not regularly updated.

Not cool, not fair.

Those of us who are having this issue should be given a replacement, refund
or credit.

Jo
Best Answer

Hello @sleepyfatguy.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I'm sorry if it come off like that, it was not my intent to have you feel like I am saying 'just buy a new phone'.

In regards to my suggestion, my specific suggestion for you was the one I posted in here please do let me know if you had a chance to try it. If after giving that a shot it doesn't work then perhaps we could look into other alternatives given that you did try it on a phone that is on the supported devices list.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The point of this entire conversation is not to troubleshoot our problems for you. That's Fitbit's job. I'm not sacrificing anymore of my time and effort to try to fix something they should. That's terrible customer service. Use the resources from Fitbit to address all of the problems by allowing more phones to be compatible. It's a simple concept. 

Best Answer

I totally agree!! Not our problem.....it is Fitbit's problem that they refuse to fix.

Best Answer

Hey @Colemire and @InviscidFox.

Thanks for your feedback on the matter.

If we receive any updates of when will those phones be added to the list, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been after fit bit to update their compatible listing since March.  How long do they need.  It is so frustrating to upgrade from lgv10 which worked great, to a lgv30 and lose all the features I wanted in the fit bit charge 2 that my fit bit one did not have.

Best Answer

This guy can say they're updating as much as they want. I've talked to multiple persons in customer service and every single one of them said there is no current activity for updating the compatible list. He's blowing smoke.

Best Answer

I have heard the same thing! There is no updating in the near future! That's all I have heard fron their so called customer service!

Best Answer

Hello @JBarrett1955@Colemire, and @InviscidFox.

The supported devices list was updated very recently to include some the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ and it should be updated soon with other devices. As I mentioned, there aren't any specifics of when will this particular phone be added but I will be sure to keep my eyes open on the matter.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes