Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility issues with LG V30

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Any one know if the LG V30 and Ionic will work together?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
90 REPLIES 90

For clarification I mean the LG V30 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an LG G6, my phone is not listed in their compatibility list BUT after trying 50 times restarting and reinstalling everything, it sync all the data, BUT:

- Manual sync only, i need to open the fitbit app and, as you know, scroll down.

- I loose gps connection after like 20 minutes in trainings

- Calls notification comes after 5 seconds the phone rings

- Gmails notification doesn't works

- Wheater display information only if i manualli sync the app.

- Watchfaces and app install fail 8 on 10 times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a V20 and it works fine. I will say that I had to enable both keep alive features in the app. Which I did not need to do with my former Charge 2. I would say turn both keep alives on in the app, reboot phone, reboot Versa (hold down all three buttons for a few seconds). Hope that works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My V20 isn't listed and I had the Flex2 and now the Versa working.

I had issues doing the firmware update via BT, but it was fine on Wifi.

LG V20 w/Versa. Retired- Flex2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone, I saw some of you are eager to see more LG mobile phones in our list of Compatible devices. My apologies since this thread has not received an official response. 

Note that I took the liberty to merged some of your post and the entire thread was relocated to our Android forum.

At the moment we do not have updates if the LG V30, V20, G6 are going to be listed. This is not confirmation that your phones are not going to work. The difference is that we cannot guarantee all features are going to perform as are intended, since it may present some issue to a limited number of users. The reason of this is because the app is not optimized to work under the device in question.

For more details please refer to our help article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

If you are having difficulties to sync with your phones this other article will give you some extra help: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

If there are more updates, I will keep you updated.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is very disappointing to hear. I know LG isn't at the top of the
Android list, but it isn't at the bottom either.
I'm also disappointed in your statement about all features not working
correctly - it was my experience that even the most basic fitness sync
functions wouldn't work. If I'm not able to sync steps with my phone then
what exactly is the point?

I am very happy with my LG V30 and I'm not going to switch to a different
phone manufacturer just to be able to use your product. I'll keep using the
Samsung Gear S2 that works about 75% of the time and save my money.
Best Answer
My fitbit is now working lgv30. Hooray!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I ask how u got it to work.  My fit bit will not sync to my phone but maybe every 3 to 4 hrs I can check the phone app and it has some info.  It is always behind what I have currently walked.  BUT never get texts, calendar notifications or phone ringing notifications.  I called fitbit and all I get is....... Lgv30 not compatible.  I asked if there was somewhere we can go to ask for the lgv30 to be added.   Never get an answer.  I love my lgv30 and my hr2 but so disappointed that they would work properly together.  I am constantly doing the updates that fitbit has just praying that the lgv30 issue is fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The only way I am able to get my fitbit to sync on demand is by using an older lg phone that I use to listen to mjsic, so i can save battery life on my lgv30. I am highly disappointed that this sync issue has nit been fixed with the lube, it's like fiti it does not care. I really like My lgv30, but I am considering switching to Samsung Galaxy. 

Jazmin Walker
Best Answer
Its been a while since I figured it out. I cant recall if I removed and
reloaded the app or hard booted my fitbit HR. It works fine for me. Hope
this works for you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar problem with my V30. It was working fine for the last 4 months with my Charge 2 until yesterday, july 21 and now refuses to sync or even show up as a Bluetooth device on the phone. I've tried everything suggested. Even removed and re-added it to my account.  It syncs fine after all that on an old iPhone I have but not the V30 I use as my primary device.  Frustrating..

Best Answer

It worked for me.

tutuapp 9apps show-box 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me know if it continues to work.  M8ne worked fine when I configured the new phone.  That lasted only a few days.  Now it syncs sporadically.  When I do a manual sync, it says can't find tracker.  It works fine with my tablet, so I use that. But I miss the text , phone and calendar notifications.  I REALLY miss them.  Still waiting for fit bit to add the lgv30 on their compatibility list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa and a V30. Brand new, both of them. My G5 I had was losing constant connection to GPS, so I got a V30 about 3 months ago. Fitbit told me it wasn't on the compatible list when I was requesting support of sync issues. Then magically, an app update comes out. Then it works, the recent update (maybe a week ago) has caused nothing but problems for me. I track my bike commute miles and this morning on my usual trip, it only tracked .6 miles of my 2.5 miles. I looked at the app and the map is correct of my trip, but the distance is wrong. So it can't be my phone, because it's feeding data to the app like itsi supposed to. I have no other Bluetooth devices on my phone either. And I'm having trouble believing that the v30 is incapable of a constant Bluetooth sync considering it connected to my speakers with no problems before I deleted them. 

Fitbit, a rep told me that you were actively testing for compatible devices that last time I sought after support. Yet, a rep replied to this post saying that you're not. You should probably invest in becoming more compatible with other devices so you don't lose more of the community. I won't recommend your product or support to anyone. My next watch will be another brand that actually does what they can to support their customers instead of just brushing it off saying there's nothing we can do.

Best Answer

That "limited number of users" you're talking to is still customers that deserve attention. 

Best Answer

I have not been able to get the Ionic to sync with the LG V30, LG V20, Galaxy S8, Google Pixel 2XL, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 4 or the Galaxy S5.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I just wanted to say I dont know who it was but this person said to delete the versa from my fitbit up and do a whole new setup on my LG V30 and now my versa works perfectly. Sooo happy, just wish I could find the person that suggested this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you accomplish this.  I'm trying to get the music control to work with my v30 but no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Going to try it

Best Answer
0 Votes