Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving cheers and taunts on Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Maybe I need to post a dedicated thread for cheers and taunts to resume working. 🤔 None of the provided solutions are working, and it's weird because though nothing changes in my side, that feature just stopped working. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@beejie Nice to see you again in the forums. Thanks for reaching out about the community features on the Fitbit app, the explanation and your initiative to solve this on your own. 

Would you be so kind to explain how you found out about this? Did you just stop receiving messages and cheers? Did someone message you and tell you about it but you did not receive it? Are you able to comment, cheer or taunt other posts? I just want to picture myself the scenario you are in. Would you be so kind to let me know which smartphone do you have?

Please make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date. Have you tried logging out of your account and then back in? This should reload everything on the Fitbit app. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi. Each day, several of my friends cheer me each day, and I cheer back. That stopped about 10 to 11 days ago. I don't know whether they're getting my cheers.

Best Answer

I have tried logging out and logging in. I have unpaired the device from my app. I have de-installed and reinstalled the app a few times. I've restarted my phone and the app. I have cleared the data from the app. I have emptied the cache. I've gone on to my Fitbit dashboard online to check things there. Can you think of anything else I should try? Ty. 

Best Answer

BTW I can cheer posts and my friends can cheer my posts. I am simply not getting their cheers or taunts when they send them each day.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem! Tried to chat with support, but then lost her. Friends can't see my cheers & I can't see theirs. So frustrating,! Doesn't seem like a big seal, but it can be a big deal for people like us. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problems. We can cheer & receive cheers on posts. Just not from profile pages. We don't receive cheers other send to us either. Please fix this!!!!! Thanks

Best Answer

Hi! Did you ever get an answer? Looks like others have this issue too, incl me! It's very annoying. I've done all you fid. Don't know why it happens.

Take care,

Viki

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. No...nothing apart from the standard response (logout, login, uninstall, reinstall, check notifications, dump the cache, force stop). The problems started with a Fitbit update in mid to late January. I don't think Fitbit is invested enough to even acknowledge the problem let alone work towards a solution. Horrible customer service. 

Best Answer

See this post, which Fitbit initially responded to and then let go cold: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Not-receiving-cheers-and-taunts-on-Fitbit-app/td-p/53265....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @beejie  the thread didn't go cold, it was marked as solved with your response as the answer. I'm moving this post back to that thread and asking a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to assist you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I'm not sure when it started but I did have problems with the app right before I noticed. The app didn't count any of my steps for the weekend warrior challenge and the beginning of the workweek. Uninstalled/reinstalled the app and got them back but now no cheers or taunts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. Haven't changed anything. Went through technical support and still no fix. 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please because I'm having the same issues. Went through support and still no fix. No charges on my end. Just quit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 , Thank you for your help and heads up. 

Hi everyone! Thank you for your messages and efforts. 

Just to confirm, this is still happening after you installed the latest app version (v3.75)? This version was released a few days ago. 

If this still persist, could you please confirm what Android Version is installed on you mobile devices?

Do you see the notifications of the taunts and cheers on the online  Dashboard (fitbit.com)?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Hi! I am having the same issues after talking to customer support twice today and going through all the possible troubleshooting available. I guess I don't understand what you mean by installing the latest app? Are you saying we need to unistall the Fitbit app we currently have and reinstall?

Also, I just looked at my account on fitbit.com and the cheers and taunts are not there either. The last ones were Jan 26 so nothing new is coming through. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked and I have the latest version (3.75) and am not receiving cheers or taunts either. Talked to customer support twice today and none of the troubleshooting helped. I looked at my account on fitbit.com and the last time I received any were Jan 26th. Help please

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also using Fitbit v3.75, updated.on 31 January. The problem started before that, a day or so after the earlier update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not see the cheers and taunts on the Fitbit app or on the Fitbit dashboard. The only cheers I get or can send are in challenges. None of the other cheers I send are received, and none of the chairs that are sent I received. This problem started after the update in mid-January or the third week of january. The 31st of January update, v3.75, did not resolve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I remember clicking that by accident thinking it would take me somewhere else, and then it did not let me deselect.

Best Answer
0 Votes