Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text notifications on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa has not been receiving text messages from my Samsung Note 10+. It was working fine until both Fitbit did an update, then most of the time, it is not recognized by my phone, and when it is, it will not receive any text messages and about half of calls. It will receive Facebook messages with no problem. 

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth, disconnecting and reconnecting the Fitbit through the app, deleting and reinstalling the app, and resetting the Fitbit to factory mode. None of it worked. Every now and then I will get one message to come through every few days that says "view messages". I'm not sure what else to do.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @AllieBug0214, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post, your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting are appreciated as well. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Versa are correctly configured.

After verifying the above, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I see that there are a few different threads about this specific issue. I have tried all of the troubleshooting including unistalling/deleting and resetting my Versa and my phone - still no text notifications.

I have checked every setting. I agree - this started after both the watch and the phone did this last update - any ideas?

Best Answer

Agreed there is something in the update because happens to me also with no sms notifications and done all troubleshooting steps

Best Answer
I went through everything on this and all of my settings are correct. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Agreed! Very frustrating! All troubleshooting done and bit was working just fine initially. Just got Versa 2 for Christmas and my phone in September. Brand new technology on both,  this should not happening. I've had issues similar to this with fitbit before.  Contemplating returning my watch and moving to the direction of Samsung if this keeps happening. 

Best Answer

Already tried all your troubleshooting.  Worked fine until Fitbit update.

Really annoying because now it's half useless. 

Best Answer

This is affecting me too. Have a Fitbit Ionic, in a Note 10+ too.

I have reset the Fitbit app, reset my Fitbit, re-paired at least twice now.

Best Answer

So I got this reply from the Fitbit support Twitter account. 

GALAXY NOTE10+ not a compatible device?!! 

SmartSelect_20200116-105904_Twitter.jpg

Best Answer

Sooooo it was compatible now it's not? How does that work

Best Answer

Screenshot_20200118-005754_Gmail.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was the Fitbit update. I never said it wasnt. Compatible. Since the update in December, it's been giving A LOT of problems. 
Best Answer

But it's weird that galaxy 10+ worked until update. Annoying for sure.  Especially with the responses from Fitbit.  Doesn't look like it'll be fixed anytime soon.

Best Answer

Yes it's been quite some time now and surely should be sorted by now sigh 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also experiencing the same with Note 10+! I've done absolutely EVERYTHING to try to fix these issues but to no avail! Everything worked perfectly B4 the update! FITBIT PLEASE FIX THIS OR I'M RETURNING MY VERSA  2 AND GOING BACK TO SAMSUNG!! What's the reasoning for the regression in compatible devices??!! Aren't you supposed to be moving forward in compatible devices as opposed to backwards?! PLEASE FIX! I am literally giving this another couple days then returning and going back to Samsung 😐

Best Answer

I suggest we make out voices heard using these support forums here and voting. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Please-make-Samsung-Note-10-a-compatible-device/...

Best Answer