Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667

Mine's been working fine since Friday. Figured they pushed a correction through.

Best Answer
0 Votes
what do you have ?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3 on a Galaxy S10

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a fitbit update and my messages are back working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same still not working 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try downloading chomp app? Make it your default messaging app. It
works.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's been over a month for me and I don't wanna buy a new watch so I'm hoping this issue resolves. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
never heard of it 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think we should all get a refund or a new watch sent to us.  As we spent money for a watch that does not work.  VERY DISAAPPOINTING AND NOT HAPPY

Best Answer
I have a charge, charge 2 and charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set Google messaging as my default and now I am getting messages. Not happy i had to resort to downloading another messaging app just to be able to use my Fitbit when it had already been working with my regular messaging app, but, I at least can use it until there is a for sure fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Itzerella182 (& others)

How interesting...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if this is a ploy by Google to use thier watch (Fitbit) with thier message App (Google Messages)...???...

Either way, i got it working with Chomp & then Google Messages. I've now uninstalled Chomp & still working so far... Probably in a better spot considering i now have spam protection

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will try that. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After numerous attempts to get messages through to my fit bit, this is not working. I have tried Google messaging but apparantley my phone is already on Google messaging?!  Please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
you welcome 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am still waiting
DawnMarie
Best Answer

There's an app update that was released a couple of days ago. If you haven't downloaded that yet, give it a try. My Android messages have been working fine ever since my update was pushed through.

Best Answer
Mine start working this morning after 4 weeks...I recieve snapchat, discord
ans Messenger notifications. I hope it will stay that way.
Best Answer
really.... nice I'll try switching back

Best Answer
0 Votes