Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues after updating to Android 10

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/15/2020

Hello, Android users!

We've been seeing a lot of you that recently have upgraded to Android OS 10 report that you're now having difficulty receiving notifications to your Fitbit watches. 

I've merged many posts together and we've escalated the issue to our developers to investigate.

Thanks for stopping by the Community to post and let us know about this issue. Subscribe to the thread so you can see any updates after we receive more information. We appreciate your patience! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
667 REPLIES 667
Did you have to download anything or update? I'm tempted to try it on my
regular messaging app. I'm using chomp messaging now and it works, but I
like my other one better.
Best Answer

There was a fitbit app update released and after I updated it my message notifications started working perfectly 

Best Answer
Thanks. I tried it. Still not working. Shows I got a text, but wont open.
I'll keep using chomp messaging for now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I just left it alone 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

My text notifications have started coming through after the app update! Hoping it continues to work!

Best Answer
Does the app update by itself or do I need to update?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started coming through as well. I had caved and downloaded the google messaging app but before I set it up I deleted the fitbit app and redownload and they started coming through my s10 messaging app

Best Answer
Mine too!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having issues with receiving notifications. I haven't received any notifications since the Android update. I have double checked the app, the permissions, and notification settings. I have cleared the cache and storage, deleted and reinstalled since the last Fitbit update. Nothing comes through, not even the test call. I am extremely frustrated as this is a reoccurring issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having an issue with my Note 10 + I can receive the calendar and email notifications just fine, however with text the notifications wouldn't show up. After playing around with the settings I was able to get the notifications however I can't preview the messages or see who sent the message. It just says "new message". There is a option to open the message, but when I do it opens the message on my phone rather than let me see it on the watch. I went to settings > selected in app notifications > and I had to turn off preview new messages just to recieve the notifications. Is there a way to see the messages and who sent them on the watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you Fitbit for fixing the issue
DawnMarie
Best Answer

I had an update from Fitbit this morning in my watch is now working I am
getting my messages.

Moderator edit: typo

Best Answer

Well, it's a partial fix...notifications show up, but you can't see who it's from or preview the message on the watch. It basically reverts you back to your actual phone to see the message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it still working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh wow, I just checked in my fitbit app and I have no link to update the
firmware. Guess I'll give it a day or so to see if I receive an update.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
I'm also getting my messages on my watch. this morning after the update I
turn my watch off and my phone off and restarted both. That's when it
started working.
Best Answer
Yes I can even read the notifications on my watch
Best Answer

Hi @MissCammi On my phone I can never see there is an update in the app. I have to go to my app store, then to the Fitbit App For Android and if there is an update available there is an update button. So give that a try. I have just updated mine and will see how it goes.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
That is what I did this morning I looked for an update and found it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes so far 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes