Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification on app won't go away

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently switched from apple to android. I have a notification on my Fitbit app that will not go away. I'm OCD about notifications on my phone. Please help!

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Hello everyone!

I apologize for the delay in my response.

As @Chelseygrace mentioned, restarting your Fitbit should do the trick. You can also click here to find the steps to force a restart on your Fitbit, regardless of which one it is.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if there is anything I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn’t work for me either. So tried holding all three buttons at once. My screen flashed and now the notification is cleared.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Ionic. Where would I find the "Keep-Alive widget? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just recently got my Fitbit Versa and my old txt messages wont clear. But I dont see "Keep Alive Widget" on my app at all. Please Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didnt work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, I tried the above recommendation but still there 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ShannyB10On the Android App tap your Ionic Device and swipe to the bottom of the screen you should see the Keep-Alive Widget.

Mine is on, and I can clear all notifications from my Ionic watch without switching on etc as others are having to do.

@ShannyB10 wrote:

Hi, I just recently got my Fitbit Versa and my old txt messages wont clear. But I dont see "Keep Alive Widget" on my app at all. Please Help!!

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I restarted my fitbit everytime my notificatiosn won't go away. 

But it still happens on a day to day basis. 

Please help. 😞

Best Answer

Don't use the term OCD to describe one thing you're passionate about. You are not OCD, you do not have a disease. You are particular, you are **ahem**, you are fastidious . OCD is not an adjective, it is a real mental illness. Do not abuse that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I cannot get the notifications cleared on my Android either.  I have restarted my phone and the notifications are still there and are increasing in number.  I do not have a "keep alive widget" listed in my app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem. The easiest way to remove it is to to press the CLEAR ALL option at the top of the notifications screen on your Fitbit. Cleared it straight away and hasn't come back to haunt!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This too was really bothering me. I tried every button on the app I could find and nothing fixed it. I found that by pulling down the notifications from the top of the phone... there were 2 notifications that I needed to swipe away. Yea... The problem is solved! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

This malarky with a notification dot on the Fitbit icon seems to be connected with the badges option. Go into your settings, then look for Fitbit then Notifications. Check if you have the Badges option turned on. If so turn it off (if you don’t need it) voila! No red notification icon

Best Answer