Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification on app won't go away

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently switched from apple to android. I have a notification on my Fitbit app that will not go away. I'm OCD about notifications on my phone. Please help!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone! 

If you are using an Android phone and getting this notification, I'd recommend that you try following the steps listed in this help article. That should definitely help out.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

I recently switched from apple to android. I have a notification on my Fitbit app that will not go away. I'm OCD about notifications on my phone. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to mine. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and cleared every thing in my notifications a million times!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys,

Do you have "Keep-Alive Widget" enabled?

Click on your device in the Fitbit app and scroll all the way down to the bottom. If the Keep-Alive Widget is switched on, a notification will stay on. 

Versa SE Lavender | 2018 is the year!
Best Answer
Yes, it is enabled. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

Switch that off and it should go away Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Why would I not want it on? That is how I receive notifications throughout the day. If it is off that doesn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should still receive your other Fitbit notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I maybe wasn't very clear.

Turning off the "Keep-Alive Widget" still allows you to see your Fitbit notifications, but it means you won't constantly have that notification stuck in your task bar. You will ONLY get notifications when there is something to actually notify you of, which I believe is what you're after. 

Best Answer

FINALLY! I tried everything to make it go away!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so glad it worked, @katrinalynn1886

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for that information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

You rock, that worked thanks so much as I had same problem....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned off the Keep Alive widget but my app still says 3 notifications! I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 if that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still can’t find out how to do it 😣 can’t find the ‘keep alive widget’ think I’ve clicked on the right place... my device in the app, scrolling to the bottom tells me to delete the device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone and I need pretty step by step help.  I have a "You have 2,345 more steps to reach your goal" notification from April ON MY PHONE app, but when I go online to the desktop Fitbit Dashboard...it says that I have no notifications. I just want to delete it...but it won't go away? Can anyone help?

UPDATE:

I uninstalled and reinstalled FITBIT App...that fixed it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem and don't seem to have the 'keep alive' widget - is it because I have an iphone?  I know some apps look different and have differing functions on different phones ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot find the “keep alive widget”

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have an iPhone 

Best Answer
0 Votes